Discussion topic: Sky Glass keeps stuttering and rebooting

This message was authored by scalyback This message was authored by: scalyback

Sky Glass keeps stuttering and rebooting

Every Sunday for the past thrre weeks not only does my 55" Sky Glass lose it's network connection but my whole Sky environment drosp, i have Sky fibre broadband and have run a ethernet cable through to my Sky Glass from the router so why oh why oh why does it say lost wifi connection, i can swithc that off but we have to turn off Sky Glass at the mains every night as we had other issues. Surely this can't be a one off, Sky customer since the 80's and I think this is the first time i have wanted to through my Sky equipment out of the window.

I would ring Sky but have to wait in line for more than an hour usually and I have better thing to do on a weekend when I am home from work.

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: Sky Glass keeps stuttering and rebooting

Why are you  using  the WiFi settings  in sky glass. If you have it connected  with  a  ethernet  cable? Also what is your  broadband speed?

scalyback
Topic Author

Wifi automatically turns back on the Sky Glass for some reason and 200MB+  broadband download speed.

Just gone through it all on a video call with my wife I watched her turn off wifi and then watched the stutter and when she checked the network oh look wifi switched on.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@scalyback wrote:

Wifi automatically turns back on the Sky Glass for some reason and 200MB+  broadband download speed.

Just gone through it all on a video call with my wife I watched her turn off wifi and then watched the stutter and when she checked the network oh look wifi switched on.

When disabling the Wifi in the Sky Glass settings, its always best to then reboot the TV by unplugging it for a couple of minutes to ensure its picked up the network change.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

scalyback
Topic Author

Rebooted Sky Glass still the same error it is now turned off at the mains till i get home and raise a call to Sky to come and fix the bugger

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion