Discussion topic: Sky Glass & Sonos Playbar (Yes I know it's been asked before!)

This message was authored by dmn This message was authored by: dmn

Sky Glass & Sonos Playbar (Yes I know it's been asked before!)

Hi All.

I've just had Sky Glass delivered, and have the know problem of connecting it to the Sonos Playbar (Optical only).

I'm aware it requires an eArc Audio Extractor device from HDMI 2, then optical into the Playbar, however, I haven't found a post here or anywhere else, where someone has confirmed they have it working, and with exactly which device.

I bought an Audio extractor, but it didn't seem to work, I'm semi sure it was fault to be fair, so that could have been the reason. I've ordered 2 more which come tomorrow, but wondered if anyone could confirm exactly what one they used?

Does it need to support eArc or just Arc, as obviously the output could be Dolby Atmos, but Optical and tye Sonos Playbar will only support up to 5.1 Dolby Digital.

Would appreciate a little guidance, especially if anyone has achieved this with a Sonos Playbar, or receiver that is using optical input Only?

Thanks

DMN

All Replies

dmn
Topic Author

Re: Sky Glass & Sonos Playbar (Yes I know it's been asked before!)

Uodate: Sorted it with a new audio extractor.

Next issue... Can't use the Sky Glass remote to control the volume on the Sonos Soundbar!

dmn
Topic Author

Fixed. 😉

This message was authored by Simon2024 This message was authored by: Simon2024

Hi, could you let me know where you purchased the arc from and how you resolved it all please? 

This message was authored by Simon2024 This message was authored by: Simon2024

I was neant to say where you purchased the audio extractor from? 
was the connection a simple set up? 
kind regards,

Simon

This message was authored by Reston This message was authored by: Reston

Hi @dmn .

We had Sky Glass delivered yesterday and since the sound is bab (well, you know - most things are never going to sound as good again once you had a SONOS setup is it?!)

We, like you have the original SONOS Soundbar + x2 Sonos Play 1s.

I'm hoping you could inform me of the specifics you did and items you bought to fix this issue.

Many thanks and kindest regards,

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion