Discussion topic: Sky Glass TV Issues

This message was authored by Rose166 This message was authored by: Rose166

Sky Glass TV Issues

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any thoughts on the following: 

We purchased a Sky Glass TV and absolutely hate it! Unfortunately we decided this outside of our cooling-off period so we are stuck with it. However, we now have issues with the TV's speakers. They are crackly and unusable except on a very low volume level. We have complained to Sky and they have offered to replace the TV, so we will go down this route. The issue we have now is that we paid to have the TV  wall mounted (with a private company) and Sky are telling us that we have to pay for remounting the replacement TV despite their product being broken causing us to need a new one (we would mount the TV ourselves, but apparently this voids the warranty). 

Does anyone have any advice on this or experienced this? I have spoken with a Sky represensative (Chris) when this issue first arose, and he proimised that they sky would cover the replacement TV's wall mounting costs as we are not responsible for the faulty TV.

Thanks in advance everyone! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek Answer

Re: Sky Glass TV Issues

@Rose166 

If you paid for the wall mounting privately then it's got nothing to do with Sky so you'll need to pay for your replacement TV to be mounted again. 
It would be the same if you had a Samsung, LG, Sony, HiSense, Panasonic or any other manufacturers TV which had a fault. The fault is with the TV, not the wall mount. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek Answer

@Rose166 

If you paid for the wall mounting privately then it's got nothing to do with Sky so you'll need to pay for your replacement TV to be mounted again. 
It would be the same if you had a Samsung, LG, Sony, HiSense, Panasonic or any other manufacturers TV which had a fault. The fault is with the TV, not the wall mount. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rose166 wrote:

I have spoken with a Sky represensative (Chris) when this issue first arose, and he proimised that they sky would cover the replacement TV's wall mounting costs...

That sounds highly unlikely to me.

Rose166
Topic Author

Thanks for your comment @Mark39. The Advisor, Chris, did promise this hence the post asking for advice and whether anyone else has experienced a similar situation. However, we completely understand that this is a separate issue to the faulty TV so it seems we are being unreasonable. Thanks for the advice @Mister_Dalek 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Rose166  Which clause from the warranty excludes a customer from wall mounting their TV?

Sky supply a template to help wall mounting Sky Glass TVs🤔

Exiled in HH
Rose166
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH When we were looking into purchasing the Glass TV, an advisor said that the TV had to be mounted professionally (he offered information regarding companies they use). If we mounted the TV ourselves, he explained that the warranty would be void. I am not sure how accurate this is as I actually haven't seen this written anywhere.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rose166 although Sky reommend getting a professional tonwall mount the TV they cannot get out of replacing a dodgy TV unless you caused the damage to the TV by wall mounting it yourself.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Rose166 wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH When we were looking into purchasing the Glass TV, an advisor said that the TV had to be mounted professionally (he offered information regarding companies they use). If we mounted the TV ourselves, he explained that the warranty would be void. I am not sure how accurate this is as I actually haven't seen this written anywhere.

So no one directed you to the clause in the warranty?

Where is this list on the Sky website?

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion