Discussion topic: Sky Glass Subtitles

This message was authored by Cocotrix This message was authored by: Cocotrix

Sky Glass Subtitles

Hi,

By reading the forums, I am aware this is an issue that has been there for a while. However, I am wondering if a solution has been found lately. I have got Sky Glass for over a week now and am unable to get the subtitles on Sky Glass working, neither through the options within the 3 dot button nor through Settings/Accessibility.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Thank you!

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky Glass Subtitles

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Cocotrix 

There only solution I've seen is a full reset of the Glass TV. I wouldn't recommend you do this without the support of Sky as it can cause issues on their back end systems that they need to resolve.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Cocotrix
Topic Author

Thank you @mikealanr.,

I may avoid the full reset for the moment. Hopefully some other kind of solution will be found shortly.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cocotrix  Instead of a full factory reset why not try a basic reboot. Go to settings > System Management > Resets & Updates > Restart device.  It takes about 3 minutes to completely reboot. You will have a blank screen for part of the process so don’t panic.

Alternatively you could just unplug your Glass TV for a minute or so and then plug it back in.  It will then take about a minute to reboot.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Cocotrix
Topic Author

Hi @Fothergill1 ,

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, the basic reboot did not work.

Best regards

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion