Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Thread title created to reflect current issue

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for this problem and for your patience whilst we work through this problem.

We have been working through the night to improve this problem. For those who are still impacted, can you now carry out these steps, please. We continue to work on the problem in the background.

I have updated the steps that I posted previously.

If you see a message where your PIN is not accepted, can you restart the TV/Puck please.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Emma86 This message was authored by: Emma86

Sky glass won’t turn on

Sky glass won't switch on 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky glass won’t turn on

Are you only trying with the remote or have you tried pressing the standy button on the side of the Glass TV?

If the button on the Glass TV works the issue is with your remote. There are a couple of things i'd suggest checking if the remote is your issue.

Check the batteries
An easy way to check is to cover the buttons slightly on your Sky remote with your hand. You should see a white backlight behind the buttons. If you don't see the backlight the issue is the power with the remote, so potentially a battery issue.

Check the battery compartment to make sure the paper used to protect the battery has been fully removed. It might have ripped when being removed leaving some behind.

Still can't see the backlight? It’s likely you need to replace the two AAA batteries.

Pair the remote

Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

The next option sounds insane but a number of users have reported it resolving the issue with their remotes. You could try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a towel. It

If it is still not working have a look at the following guides:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass
https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-glass/fixing-a-problem-sky-glass/fixing-sky-glass-remote...

If none of these options work you can request a replacement remote via this link: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

If you have an old Sky Q remote, you can use that as an interim solution whilst you await the new remote.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by ramsell This message was authored by: ramsell

Sky glass tv won’t turn on just flashing red light

For about an hour now the sky glass tv won't turn on. The red light at the front it's just flashing. I've tried switching off at the wall and no change, I've tried using different remotes and the power button on side of the tv still nothing but flashing. 
our internet is fine on everything so don't know what's going on. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky glass tv won’t turn on just flashing red light

@ramsell 

Have you pulled the plug completely from the wall for 10 mins ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

I'll give that a go now and will let you know thank you

@ramsell 

If that doesn't work I can escalate your post to the online team 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Jporch316 It actually worked perfectly thank you 🙏 

you legend! 

@ramsell 

Had the issue myself before !

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

30 secs or even 2 mins of power off is not allows long enough to clear some issues... and the iimpatient often don't even make it to 30 secs😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Krueger26 This message was authored by: Krueger26

Puck keeps turning off and back on

Last few days my sky puck has randomly been turning off and back on again. The screen goes black, then shows the white Sky logo and ends up back on the home screen. No reason why it seems. Any help?
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Puck keeps turning off and back on

Hi @Krueger26 and welcome to the forum.  Try unplugging it from the wall socket for a few minutes and then plugging it back in again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.  This will often resolve software glitches.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by DFat32 This message was authored by: DFat32

Sky stream won’t turn on - flashing white light then nada.

Our Stream unit has suddenly stopped responding. I have unplugged and reconnected several times.  Each time when I reconnect there is a flashing white light on the unit.  The sky logo appears on screen, disappears, comes back, disappears and then the flashing stops with the light out and the unit unresponsive most of the time (it maybe responds one time in four to this approach)

We're connecting by Ethernet and there are green/orange lights where the cable connects whilst all this is playing out so not a Wi-Fi issue.

any tips welcome!

many thanks

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky stream won’t turn on - flashing white light then nada.

Hi @DFat32 

Couple of things to try: Unplug at the mains for a prolonged period of time (i.e. over 10 minutes) and try it again.

Failing that try the recovery process for the puck:

1.Press and hold the Standby button on the bottom of the Sky Stream puck.

2.Keeping your finger on the button, switch the power back on at the main plug and wait until you see the LED lights flash different colours (where the white light is not the network lights), then remove your finger.

However note this will require relinking to your Sky ID and signing in to all apps again once back up and running. Also note it can take 15 minutes for the Puck to go through the recovery process.

If this doesn't work, you will need to contact Sky for a replacement (this is a customer helps customer forum and we are fellow subscribers)

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by DFat32 This message was authored by: DFat32

Re: Sky stream won’t turn on - flashing white light then nada.

thanks - the 10 min power down seems to have fixed it!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion