Discussion topic: Sky Cinema subscription cost

This message was authored by mrwwt This message was authored by: mrwwt

Re: Sky Cinema subscription cost

There definitely isn't "no movement on price". I've moved them on every single package they offer:

Sky Ultimate TV + Netflix: £16 a month (18 month contract)

Sky Sports: £22 a month (18 month contract)

Sky Cinema: £10 a month (monthly rolling, price for 18 months)

Whole Home: £6 a month

UHD + Dolby Atmos: 4 month free trial

Ad Skipping: 4 month free trial

Sky Kids: 2 month free trial.

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

Well I have just changed today from HD+ to Q and been given a deal inc Sports,TNT,Ultimate,NetFlix etc and inc Broadband SuperFast with Boost of £102.50 all in which is less then I am currently paying although the Broadband deal was extremely good with Free Line Rental and FreeTalk Anytime.All sealed and done.I spoke directly with Customer Priority Team who called me directly and were as always extremely helpful.

Jamie04582
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jamie04582 This message was authored by: Jamie04582

Hmmm well as I have been researching seems many people do exactly what I've said and benefit from new customer offers

Jamie04582
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jamie04582 This message was authored by: Jamie04582

Thanks for your helpful answer, will take a look 👍🏻

Jamie04582
Topic Author

Thank you for your helpful reply. Trying to upgrade through Sky Glass was quoting £16 for monthly rolling. Checked both the website and app and was offered £9 on a monthly rolling contract.

Thank you all for the positive suggestions/comments 

This message was authored by DavSan24 This message was authored by: DavSan24

I can fully appreciate your post. I've been going back and forward to the sky cinema deals for the last few weeks and, like you, it started out £9 for the 24m contract and it was also £9 for the 30 day rolling contract. The price however for the 30 day keeps changing, it was £9, then £11 and now it's shot up to £16. I was going to buy it until I seen this massive price increase but they can kiss that goodbye now.

there's a lot on sky I see no point in. For example when you buy a sky stream sub, it gives you the option to add the HD package, but, after signing up they give you another option for 2 months free of the UHD & Dolby pack?! What's the point in offering the HD package in the first place? (Mind you, even though I had the "HD" package, the channels weren't displaying in HD) so that's clearly a waste of money.

i don't have my broadband from sky (i wanted a reliable service with a router that didn't keep disconnecting around 3am) my current provider is superb so I know the lack of picture quality isn't down to them.

HD & UHD, don't take the HD package because you don't actually get HD. Instead go for the UHD add-on for stream. As for sky cinema, considering all you get is another 11 channels and your lucky to find just one movie you actually want to watch, £16 is far to much to ask, so I'd avoid buying the 30 day until they make it worth while. Sure you have the freedom of cancelling with the 30 day at any time, but you also have the freedom to say no to start with. You'll eventually find the same movies available on Netflix and prime anyway and they cost far less.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DavSan24 

Stream doesn't have an HD add-on: that's a satellite thing.

If HD channels aren't showing in HD then there's likely to be a bandwidth issue.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by DavSan24 This message was authored by: DavSan24

When I ordered stream, one of the add-ons they offered was the "HD" add-on during the purchase process. And I was also being charged for it. I  considered the bandwidth too but as I get 1.6GB download speed (1.3GB minimum), my connection never drops below that, it's unlikely to be bandwidth related. Especially considering everything else works flawlessly on the same connection. After buying the UHD add-on, only then am I actually getting HD. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion