Discussion topic: Sky Cinema subscription cost

This message was authored by Jamie04582 This message was authored by: Jamie04582

Sky Cinema subscription cost

Absolute joke, looked at upgrading my package to include sky cinema.  Want to remain on 30 day rolling contract, last night was £12, tonight £16. Yet if I choose an 18 month subscription and renew, then its only £9.

Not sure whats happened to Sky recently, Everything is so expensive.  Had to move from Sky Q due to reception issues, but they would negotiate pricing.  Now with Sky Glass/Stream all i'm told is there is no movement on price

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Cinema subscription cost

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jamie04582 wrote:

last night was £12, tonight £16. 

I'd observe that 'last night' was March 31st, and so both a different month and the last day of the previous financial year (with the annual price increase applying from today)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Jamie04582
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jamie04582 This message was authored by: Jamie04582

Yep and when I looked "last night" it was mentioned the price would increase by £2 due to the yearly increase. £4 extra today. So how is that justified?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jamie04582 

I'd suggest Sky don't have to justify such things except to Comcast stockholders.  Even on Glass/Stream the actual price anyone pays for add-ons seems to vary considerably.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Pretty sure it's all correct and that the old Sky Cinema list price for Sky Glass/Strean was £13/month and it's now £16 as it went up by £3.

You can still get it for less than the £16 on an 18 month contract.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Jamie04582
Topic Author

I'm not asking for justification, just clarification entering in the an 18 month contract there is no difference in price, yet monthly rolling is an increase of £4. £2 price increase compared to what was quoted yesterday 

Jamie04582
Topic Author

What was quoted in my Sky was as I mentioned earlier and was notified of the price increase.  It's certainly wasn't the figure I'm being quoted now.

Think I will just cancel and rejoin as new customers are getting better offers on both rolling contracts and 18 month contracts 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Jamie04582 wrote:
Think I will just cancel and rejoin as new customers are getting better offers on both rolling contracts and 18 month contracts 

@Jamie04582 

You wouldn't be classed as a new customer until you've been away from Sky for 18 months. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Jamie04582
Topic Author

Taking out the subscription in a partners name would be 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Jamie04582 wrote:

You may have difficulty if it is at the same address though.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Neil+Essex This message was authored by: Neil+Essex

Yes . You can't have more than one account at the same address at any one time 

================================
Sky Q 2TB HDR Box
Sky Q Mini Box
Sky Multiscreen
Sky Signature & Netflix Premium
Sky HD & UHD Pack
Sky Sports Complete Pack
TNT Sports
Sky Cinema
MUTV
Virgin Media Broadband Gig1

@Jamie04582 wrote:

Perhaps worth remembering that Sky has three decades of experience with spotting every possible permutation of attempts to lower subscription cost by such means...

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

Still showing cinema at £9.00 today inc Paramount Plus so not sure why you are seeing an increased price.I looked under deals and there it was.

Has to be an 18 month contract but I have never been tied into any contract with Cinema so not sure what they are talking about.

If you are a VIP they are always willing to help.Speak to Customer Priority Team or speak to them on WhatsApp

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion