Discussion topic: Returned sky equipment

This message was authored by Jason84T This message was authored by: Jason84T

Returned sky equipment

After upgrading to sky glass I sent my old sky equipment back. Receipt from post office and message from sky messages saying thank you and sky courier has it. Then I had text asking me to return equipment so I ignored as sent and tracked 3 weeks later getting text and email asking for equipment or I'll be charged No contact or chat to quickly sort Any ideas? @Sky

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Returned sky equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jason84T wrote:
After upgrading to sky glass I sent my old sky equipment back. Receipt from post office and message from sky messages saying thank you and sky courier has it. Then I had text asking me to return equipment so I ignored as sent and tracked 3 weeks later getting text and email asking for equipment or I'll be charged No contact or chat to quickly sort Any ideas? @Sky

@Jason84T have you retained proof of postage? With this it will be relatively simple for Sky to verify the equipment has been returned and remove the charge.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Jason84T
Topic Author

Yeah of course but how can I speak to sky in the first place to verify?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

We can escalate your post for the attention of Skys Messaging Team if you'd like. That's why I asked if you have the proof of postage as with that they can actually help you and should be able to get the non-return charge removed from

your account.

NOT a Sky Employee

Jason84T
Topic Author

"Unipart logistics" tracked return and I still have that receipt 

@Jason84T This has been escalated to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this within the next 48 hours via a colourful chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. 

You may need to refresh your browser for the chat bubble to appear.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
"https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147"

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. Please note this isn't a live chat so replies may not be instant.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Jason84T.

Jason84T
Topic Author

Can you invite to live chat?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Jason84T 
You’ll have 48 hours to click on the chat bubble and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! We already spoke to @Jason84T, and the issue has now been resolved. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion