Discussion topic: Problem with sky sports upgrade

This message was authored by D.o.b22 This message was authored by: D.o.b22

Problem with sky sports upgrade

I cancelled sky sports for the summer and on Friday night used my sky to upgrade it says I have it but when I went onto channel it isn't working and showing error code mysky_1802

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: Problem with sky sports upgrade

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @D.o.b22 . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by mike900 This message was authored by: mike900

I'm currently having a similar issue.  I cancelled Sky Sports and Ultra HD Dolby Atmos package and downgraded Netfix from Premium to Standard around 5 weeks ago, following which I had a call from sky offering me a deal which I accepted and the packages were reinstated on my account.

Now when I look at my products page on glass or the app the correct updated package with Sky Sports and Ultra TV active and the deal prices are shown, along with Netflix Standard, however my bill and future bills still show the original package costs with no Sky Sports and still Netflix Premium. 

I am receiving Sky Sports on the TV but when I select any Ultra HD channels I get the message that it's not part of my subscription, despite it showing as active in my account for several weeks.  It appears that a link in the account somewhere is broken as none of my product information and costs, actual received channels, or future bills match each other.

I've called sky a couple of times over the last few weeks but nobody has to be able to sort the issue and each time send a form off to the back office team saying it should be fixed within 72 hours, but 2 weeks later it's all still messed up.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @D.o.b22 . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

@Lisa-P1987 @Greenfingers001  Please is there any way I can be invited for a chat about the issues I'm having mentioned above as it's now 2 weeks since I was told on the phone they would be resolved within 72 hours and  none have been fixed? Thanks.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mike900 I have escalated your post for you.  Have a look at post 2 above for what to expect. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Good luck resolving your issue.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Fothergill1  Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

D.o.b22
Topic Author

Problem with sky sports

@mike900 wrote:

I'm currently having a similar issue.  I cancelled Sky Sports and Ultra HD Dolby Atmos package and downgraded Netfix from Premium to Standard around 5 weeks ago, following which I had a call from sky offering me a deal which I accepted and the packages were reinstated on my account.

Now when I look at my products page on glass or the app the correct updated package with Sky Sports and Ultra TV active and the deal prices are shown, along with Netflix Standard, however my bill and future bills still show the original package costs with no Sky Sports and still Netflix Premium. 

I am receiving Sky Sports on the TV but when I select any Ultra HD channels I get the message that it's not part of my subscription, despite it showing as active in my account for several weeks.  It appears that a link in the account somewhere is broken as none of my product information and costs, actual received channels, or future bills match each other.

I've called sky a couple of times over the last few weeks but nobody has to be able to sort the issue and each time send a form off to the back office team saying it should be fixed within 72 hours, but 2 weeks later it's all still messed up.

Thanks for your reply! I won't be paying for a service that I'm not receiving though. Hope you get sorted!

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to mike900.

D.o.b22
Topic Author

20230806_181820.jpgHi I am continuing to receive this message when I am trying to watch sky sports 

Can someone help!!

This message was authored by AH61 This message was authored by: AH61

Can you get Sky Sports at the promotional offer of £22 a month, if you already getting it but paying more?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @mike900 . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

@Lisa-P1987 I'm in discussion with the chat team pretty much on a daily basis as my issues have been with the back room team for 3 months now and still not resolved.  Please don't close the chat as it is the only progress reports I'm getting, though I think even the chat team are now getting embarrassed at having to constantly update me with 'sorry, still no progress'.

@Lisa-P1987 @Addie15 please can you pass me on to the chat team, they have been managing an issue that I have that has been with the back office team for some time and giving me regular updates, but the chat bubble seems to have closed down last week despite the issue still ongoing. Thanks.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mike900 I have re-escalated this for you.  When you get the chat bubble you can explain the situation with them.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion