Discussion topic: Premier Sports

This message was authored by Emurr85 This message was authored by: Emurr85

Premier Sports

Is there any reason why you can't get Premier sports 1 and 2 on Sky Glass?

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Premier Sports

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Emurr85 

We are fellow subscribers so are unable to tell you why. But sky and the broadcaster need to agree carriage deals, Sky cannot simply add channels without agreement. It could be rights related, technicalities or simply down to cost.

However , I believe premier sports is available on Glass in ROI so hopefully they will be able to agree a deal in the UK in the future.

Sky publish their channel list here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass.

You could also reach out to Premier and see if they can advise you if then plan on launching on Glass / Stream.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Premier Sports

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Likely due to Premier Sports only recently returning to the UK market when they bought the Viaplay channels.

Viaplay wasn't on the Sky streaming platform and so Premier wouldn't have inherited a deal/agreement with Sky to broadcast on the platform. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they popped up at some point but i'd suggest it likely takes a while for the legal, technical and financial arrangements to be in place first.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion