Discussion topic: Paused content jumping

This message was authored by Jushall72 This message was authored by: Jushall72

Paused content jumping

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where a paused program, no matter the channel, catches up to live suddenly a few moments later?? It also won't allow you to rewind once it has jumped 😔

Justin Hall

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Paused content jumping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jushall72 The FF and RW experience on the streaming platform is terrible.  The jumping back and forth is particularly annoying and I find when it happens it is better to use voice control with commands such as Forward 3 minutes, back 30 seconds etc.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Jushall72 @The FF and RW experience on glass/stream is poor. Sky are aware and I believe will improve going forward via software updates. I feel your pain 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

I wonder why the RW and FF on stream and glass is so poor. It must have been extensively tested - they must have known. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jason+Golding I think the problem stems from the the lag and the need to catch-up after a FF or RW but hopefully Sky will figure something out.  I don't consider it a deal breaker of any sort it's just annoying and any improvement will be welcome 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Fothergill1 Totally agree it's not the end of the world. Albeit annoying when your paying to skip ads 😝 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by ad+carter This message was authored by: ad+carter

I'm having the same issue, I pause the program for 10 mins or so then carry on watching. After about an hour it skips forward to being live. I lose the 10 minutes as I am unable to rewind. 

This message was authored by Momomomom This message was authored by: Momomomom

Also having this issue and really frustrating, even more so when you then can't rewind back to where you were. It shouldn't be happening and hope a solution is rolled out soon.

This message was authored by BradLondon This message was authored by: BradLondon

Same thing just happened to me now.. has been happening quite often and I lose the 5 mins of the show due to the pause and the skip back to live...

This message was authored by Clemhead This message was authored by: Clemhead

Happening the same with me . Live pause suddenly jumps to the true live position. Looks like it's a fairly widespread issue. Shame sky are not at least offering some hope of a fix. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion