Discussion topic: OSM: You Need to Upgrade subscription (future dated content)

This message was authored by Dmb1979 This message was authored by: Dmb1979

Re: Upgrade to watch a program on demand

What I ment when watching for months is I start at the beginning of a series and work my way through.

I am currently on S3 E1 out of 8(?) Series so showing the newest one us not the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Upgrade to watch a program on demand

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dmb1979 I don't know what else to suggest other than calling Sky for further advice.  The problem appears to be at your end as I have just opened Bangers & Cash S3:E1 and a few other episodes to check and it seems to be playing OK on my Glass TV.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Leanne22 This message was authored by: Leanne22

Re: Can’t watch sky witness the message says mysky_1800

Same as was watching TV then clicked hone by mistake 

Then MYSKY_1800 Came up

Telling me to upgrade

What does it mean

I have the package so why would I need to upgade??

This message was authored by DGMW This message was authored by: DGMW

Re: Need to Upgrade subscription

Having just setup Sky Glass....

We picked tonight's big brother to watch from the playlist.  

Once the first quarter had finished I tried to forward the adverts and yes I am paying to forward ads and already did on another program from playlist  I get the same error you are talking about asking me to upgrade!!!!

Very Annoying to find and hear this bug has been ongoing for a long time and not yet fixed by Sky TV  grrr

This message was authored by HGam1 This message was authored by: HGam1

Mysky_1800 error

Why am I getting this error after I says press the 3 dot button to upgrade and watch?? Even though I have the channel??.
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Mysky_1800 error

@HGam1   Which channel? Have you tried a reboot?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@HGam1. Please try turning your stream box or glass tv off at the mains and turn back on after two minutes. If you are still facing the same issue, I would give sky a quick call. Regards 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@HGam1 You don't say what you are trying to watch so my explanation below may or may not be relevant to your particular situation.

It is not uncommon for Sky programmes to show the next episode as available when in fact it has not been broadcast. I have my Glass settings to show the next episode automatically and often I get this message when it tries to play an episode before it is broadcast. The Alibi and Witness Channels are particularly prone to doing this.

Also, Sky Cinema will often advertise a programme on the EPG before it premiers.  This will also give you the upgrade subscription error message.

Ideally the programme should not even show as being available but when it does the error message to upgrade your subscription is decidedly unhelpful. It would be much better if the error message was a little more informative, such as This programme is not yet available to Stream (or something similar).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by pblake80 This message was authored by: pblake80

Thanks for that - Yes, I too have noticed that, and it continues to do so across all sky channels if set on my playlist. This was an error when there were further episodes available - but touch wood it has not happened for a while - so hopefully that aspect has been fixed.

Thanks again for the interest and responding - appreocaited

This message was authored by Edel2172 This message was authored by: Edel2172

When you get the activation server is not available try paying your bill. When the bill is not paid you get this message .!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion