Discussion topic: NOW tv

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Re: NOW tv

@Jporch316 
I agree with your point, the OP could just get a now tv box and away he goes.

Also how did you manage to get more than 1 glass tv ? I thought with sky you could only have 1 Glass TV and x amount of pucks 

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

The apps still worked on my Stream puck after I cancelled. 

I factory reset the puck then tried relinking it to my Sky ID (even though I had no subscription) and, like others on here discovered, it kept my old playlists. It even let me add shows from the EPG to those playlists & would still trigger the appropriate app to play back those shows on demand. It wouldn't allow me to watch any live channel streams obviously but everything else still seemed to work. The same should be true of a Glass TV. I don't know if it would go on like that forever as I factory reset the puck again soon after & sold it on eBay as it was customer owned. 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

I'm out of my depth this side of the forum, I'll see you later people's back to the Sky Q side of things 🤣

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ThePope27 wrote:

@Jporch316 
I agree with your point, the OP could just get a now tv box and away he goes.

Also how did you manage to get more than 1 glass tv ? I thought with sky you could only have 1 Glass TV and x amount of pucks 

Hi @ThePope27You can have up to 3 Glass TVs and 6 stream pucks.  See the link below:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-devices-sky-glass 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ThePope27 wrote:

People stopped owning pucks ages ago when they virtually first come out didnt they ?

Everyone who acquired one or more pucks alongside a Glass television during the year between October 2021 and October 2022 owns the puck(s) as well as the television set(s).  This was also the case for the standalone pucks between October 2022 and February 2023.

All subsequent Stream pucks switched to the loan model on February 23rd 2023, so there's a total of about 16 months worth in legitimate private ownership: only Sky will know how many that is, but it's going to be quite a large number given that Glass television sales were substantial in their first year and a significant percentage of sets will have had pucks shipped with them.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion