Discussion topic: My sky glass remote isn’t working tried everything on the help page and still nothing

This message was authored by Engny This message was authored by: Engny

My sky glass remote isn’t working tried everything on the help page and still nothing

My sky glass remote won't won't tried everything on the help page ans still nothing if I press any no on the remote it just turns the tv off 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: My sky glass remote isn’t working tried everything on the help page and still nothing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Engny If pairing it again as suggested by @Tim+Adams then request a replacement (see link below)

@Karl48 and @Tom230584 I have seen other posts where people have had the popping sound and they never seem to get them working again. It sounds as though your remotes has shorted so I would make an online request for a replacement at the following link: 

Streaming TV replacement remote 

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: My sky glass remote isn’t working tried everything on the help page and still nothing

Hi @Engny 

Try resetting the remote, firstly press and hold 4 & 6 for around 10 seconds, then press and hold 7 & 9 for around 10 seconds.

Then attempt to pair by pressing and holding 1 & 3 until the message appears on screen.

If that doesn't solve it use the link below and on select 'No, I still need help' on the last page.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass

Thanks,
Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Karl48 This message was authored by: Karl48

I had the remote in my hand the other evening and it made a poping noise, and hasn't worked since. Although it will turn the tv off.

This message was authored by Karl48 This message was authored by: Karl48

I have done this four times now. It makes no differnce and does not respond.

This message was authored by Tom230584 This message was authored by: Tom230584

Exactly the same happened to us! It made a large popping sound next us on the sofa. We assumed the back had popped off but didn't seem to have. Now it's completely unresponsive!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@Engny If pairing it again as suggested by @Tim+Adams then request a replacement (see link below)

@Karl48 and @Tom230584 I have seen other posts where people have had the popping sound and they never seem to get them working again. It sounds as though your remotes has shorted so I would make an online request for a replacement at the following link: 

Streaming TV replacement remote 

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion