Discussion topic: My sky glass keeps “cutting out” mid programme / apps closing

This message was authored by Darby12 This message was authored by: Darby12

Re: Apps keep forceclosing.

Yes I know as my internet is fine and running at a good speed so it's not a internet problem with me either I think they just tried to fob me off as it's still happening now! I'll call them again soon as the lines open.

This message was authored by Lazarus90 This message was authored by: Lazarus90

@Darby12 I literally just called them in the last 10 minutes, was told that it's now a known fault with skyglass, that it's because of a software update that was released last week, they (the advisors on the phone) have only just been made aware of this 20 minutes ago and that it's a reported issue with lots of sky customers. The lady was very apologetic and nice but sadly said it could take as long as 7 days for them to release a software patch to fix it.

This message was authored by AndrewBys This message was authored by: AndrewBys

Re: Sky Glass keeps returning to home screen.

This is also happening to me, seems to be when using Paramount. 
On another note, my sky glass won't load HDMI2 either. When I click on it it says 'connecting' for a second then goes back to the Home Screen! 🙄

This message was authored by Usernameisused This message was authored by: Usernameisused

They clearly have a policy of blaming your internet whenever something isn't working well. But it's also nonsense. 

This message was authored by TobiasC This message was authored by: TobiasC

Re: Apps on sky glass keep logging me out

I have been having the same problem for the past few days and Sky are saying there is nothing wrong. 

This message was authored by AndyMason87 This message was authored by: AndyMason87

Sky Glass keeps going back to home page

No matter what I'm watching, it could be a TV channel or Apps like Disney or Paramount. After watching for a while it just stops and goes back to the home page. No ones touched the remote or anything. 
Tried power cycling and still doing it, any ideas?

This message was authored by Darby12 This message was authored by: Darby12

Re: Sky Glass keeps going back to home page

Apparently sky are now aware of the problem as many people have reported it. It was due to a software update last week and may take up to 7 days for them to fix! I've had the same issue for a while now.

This message was authored by Chris.06 This message was authored by: Chris.06

Apple TV app on Sky Glass

Hi, 

Taken up the 6months free with Sky VIP for Apple TV. After some issues creating a new Apple ID and logging in I'm on season 2 of ted lasso. 

However we watch a couple episodes a night and once or sometimes twice the app closes and returns to the sky glass homepage. Open the app back up and plays from where we left off.

This message was authored by Freddieboy69 This message was authored by: Freddieboy69

Re: Apple TV app on Sky Glass

Hi @Chris.06  This is a fault that sky are aware of as there have been many reports of this, apparently Sky hope to get this fixed in the next 7 days.

This message was authored by Snookie12 This message was authored by: Snookie12

Prime on sky glass keeps turning off and going to Home Screen

When ever I watch anything on prime, after about 15-20 minutes, prime turns off and it goes back to the sky glass Home Screen.

I have prime on my iPad and phone and I don't get this issue, so can only assume it's an issue with sky glass. 
does anyone else have this issue and can help?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Prime on sky glass keeps turning off and going to Home Screen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Snookie12 Unfortunately this is a known fault which is occuring with numerous Apps.  Sky are working to find a solution as quickly as they can.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Annbellequebec This message was authored by: Annbellequebec

Been happening to me also last few days while watching Disney+ or 4od.  Really annoying when trying to watch new Avatar film and it kept dropping out and going back to beginning of film 

This message was authored by Snookie12 This message was authored by: Snookie12

Re: Prime on sky glass keeps turning off and going to Home Screen

Oh, that's very annoying.

at least it's being looked into.

This message was authored by Sharpyspooks This message was authored by: Sharpyspooks

Programmes keep stopping and going back to home screen

Amazon Prime and other Apps keep stopping and goes back to the home screen. This is happening quite a lot. There is no answer to say how to fix it. I pay over £100 month and I should not have to go through this. I ha e turned sky glass off many times and this does not help. This is the 65". Can someone please tell me why this is happening and give me a fix that will work ?
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Programmes keep stopping and going back to home screen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sharpyspooks 

It  looks like this is a recent issue affecting a few users and is being investigated 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion