Discussion topic: My Samsung blu ray has no sound and the picture us purple.. I have tried the available HDMI ports.

This message was authored by Dawn2011 This message was authored by: Dawn2011

My Samsung blu ray has no sound and the picture us purple.. I have tried the available HDMI ports.

I have a Samsung blu ray which won't play with Sky Glass. No sound and the picture has a purple tinge. I have tried the HDMI cable in the other ports on the TV.  Will I need to buy another blu ray and if so, which model? Cheers

All Replies

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker

Re: My Samsung blu ray has no sound and the picture us purple.. I have tried the available HDMI port

Not sure on the picture side; the lack of audio is possibly down to your player outputting DTS audio (DTS HD Master Audio is probably the most common sound format on BluRay discs). Try going into settings > audio and seeing if it is possible to output audio using one of Dolby's formats (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital+ or Dolby True HD). If you can post the exact model of your Samsung BluRay player, we might be able to look up the settings for you - assuming the player can transcode audio.

Failing that, try selecting a Dolby audio format using the disc menu for a film/show and see if that helps with the audio.

EDIT: Meant to add; Sky Glass doesn't understand any of DTS' audio codecs/formats, only Dolby's and 'vanilla' PCM audio.

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.
Dawn2011
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dawn2011 This message was authored by: Dawn2011

Re: My Samsung blu ray has no sound and the picture us purple.. I have tried the available HDMI port

#coffee drinker...thank you.  I'll let you know if that works. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion