Discussion topic: How to turn off Dolby Atmos on Sky Glass

This message was authored by Kerbewm This message was authored by: Kerbewm

How to turn off Dolby Atmos on Sky Glass

Hey everyone. For some reason the Dolby Atmos audio through my sky tv is muffling audio to near unhearable. Ive tried messing with my audio settings. Ive tried restarting my tv. Ive tried factory resetting.

The only solution I have found that works is that on netflix I can disable Dolby Atmos by setting the audio to non-5.1 stereo. This fixes the issue.

How do I disable Dolby Atmos on the TV entirely so I can use apps like YouTube and Amazon Prime? I've tried stopping my monthly Atmos&UHD package but it won't actually deactivate until the 21st.

Any suggestions?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: How to turn off Dolby Atmos on Sky Glass

@Kerbewm wrote:

Hey everyone. For some reason the Dolby Atmos audio through my sky tv is muffling audio to near unhearable. Ive tried messing with my audio settings. Ive tried restarting my tv. Ive tried factory resetting.

The only solution I have found that works is that on netflix I can disable Dolby Atmos by setting the audio to non-5.1 stereo. This fixes the issue.

How do I disable Dolby Atmos on the TV entirely so I can use apps like YouTube and Amazon Prime? I've tried stopping my monthly Atmos&UHD package but it won't actually deactivate until the 21st.

Any suggestions?

Wouldn't you prefer to have a TV with speakers that worked properly? Muffled sounding speakers on Glass is a commonly reported issue with these TVs.

If I were you I'd ring Sky and ask for a replacement under warranty (if you are within 2 years since activation) so that you can enjoy one of the heavily advertised features of the Glass TV. You have spent a LOT of money on this thing. It should function with all the advertised audio formats.  

Kerbewm
Topic Author

It's outside of the 2 year warranty I believe and I'd rather just have a TV i can use 'til I can afford to replace it.

I've learned an important lesson though, sky are **bleep**. 👌

Kerbewm
Topic Author

Very weird that it's ONLY muffling people speaking and ONLY when using Dolby Atmos, too. Not sure how that even happens. Sounds perfectly fine otherwise.

Wondering if it's a botched update issue or something.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Kerbewm wrote:

Very weird that it's ONLY muffling people speaking and ONLY when using Dolby Atmos, too. Not sure how that even happens. Sounds perfectly fine otherwise.

Wondering if it's a botched update issue or something.

It's possible the centre speaker is duff. On Atmos tracks all the dialogue will tend to come from this speaker so without it everything will sound muffled. If you're outputting stereo then the left/right speakers will be used instead. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion