Discussion topic: How do I turn off subtitles

This message was authored by Karen651 This message was authored by: Karen651

How do I turn off subtitles

How do I turn off subtitles on my tv. My remote doesn't have a subtitle button.

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: How do I turn off subtitles

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Karen651 

Press the home button and scroll down to settings > accessibility> toggle subtitles to OFF or you can use voice command and say "then subtitles OFF".

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/accessibility-settings-sky-glass#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20the%...

Hope this helps

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Hi @Karen651 

Press the home button and scroll down to settings > accessibility> toggle subtitles to OFF or you can use voice command and say "then subtitles OFF".

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/accessibility-settings-sky-glass#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20the%...

Hope this helps

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

if watching live Tv you can also press the 3 dots button (...) then scroll across to subtitles to turn them on/off

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Do any TV remotes have a subtitle button anymore🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Di+Spicer This message was authored by: Di+Spicer

Re: How do I turn off subtitles in Disney plus

Play the show in Disney plus then hit pause. Hit the downwards button on your remote and scroll to the far right bottom of the screen to the settings icon.  From there subtitle options will appear at the top of your screen and you can select "Off". 

This message was authored by Harvey22 This message was authored by: Harvey22

Have tried all the methods here, but nothing works, I did not even turn it on in the first place, it just appeared and is so annoying, I can't watch sky stream now

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion