Discussion topic: Glass when owned

This message was authored by J0hn80y This message was authored by: J0hn80y

Glass when owned

Whether you own your glass TV outright or close to finishing paying for it I want to know if I get more control over MY TV.. In October I will outright own this TV and it appears I can't get apps like NOW TV. It's not the most expensive TV on the market but it's still cost me a fair few quid and once it's 100% my property I do worry about a few things, 1 thing is that when it's turned on I get a "can't recieve signal" type message while it's looking for WiFi but it doesn't let me into the interface while this is happening. (This is my second TV as I had an issue with Atmos and the first TV didn't have this signal issue) Second is I can't add my own apps should I ever wish to cancel my rolling sky subscription. Looking back I don't think I'd have bothered with the sky TV and should have opted for one of the other brands

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Glass when owned

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @J0hn80y 

You own the Glass from the moment it's delivered, paying upfront or by finance makes no difference. 

Unfortunately you still won't be able to add apps yourself if you cancel the Sky subscription. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-without-a-subscription 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@J0hn80y as @Tim+Adams points out all Glass TVs are the customer's property from delivery whether bought outright or through the bundled credit deal. This is standard with credit sales these are not hire purchase transactions. 

Ownership does not alter the way the sets operate this page lays out what the sets can do if you stop paying for the Ultimate TV service https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-without-a-subscription

There is no way to add aps to a Glass TV (or Stream puck) yourself that is down to Sky. Most people buy a cheap streaming stick if they want additional apps like Now.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by JEFF1102 This message was authored by: JEFF1102

What happens if you order Sky Glass and find its not for you during the cooling off period and want to go back to Sky Q? Are you then stuck with the tv or can you return both the tv and the pucks?

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @JEFF1102 

Within the cooling off period you are able to return the Glass and cancel the CCA.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv 

Just let us know you want to cancel within the first 31 days after your delivery.

Charges and refunds

You’ll only pay for the days you used your TV subscription and any delivery costs. We'll refund the rest to your bank account within 45 days, or if you're keeping your Sky Glass TV credit agreement(s), we'll add it to your next bill.

Sky Glass without a Sky TV subscription

If you cancel your subscription, you’ll lose things like voice search, Glance Motion Technology, and pause, rewind and fast forward. For more details, see Sky Glass without a Sky Ultimate TV subscription.

Sky Glass credit agreements

If you’re keeping your Sky Glass TV(s) and you’ve got a credit agreement(s), you can either carry on paying it off each month or pay it off in one go. Or, if you’re returning your Sky Glass item(s), we’ll cancel your credit agreement(s).

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion