Discussion topic: Free trial UHD

This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

Free trial UHD

I had a 4 month trial of UHD and Dolby Atmos I cancelled about 2 weeks before the trial was going to end but I have been charged for the remainder of the trial is that right ? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Free trial UHD

You should cancel 31 days before end of trial🤔

You can look at current, previous, and next bills on MySky😉

Exiled in HH
slaters
Topic Author

Ok if you have to give 31 days notice I can understand being charged for the part outside the trial but not the remainder, as I said I had about 2 weeks left but on my bill Sky have charged me from the day I cancelled.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@slaters wrote:

Ok if you have to give 31 days notice I can understand being charged for the part outside the trial but not the remainder, as I said I had about 2 weeks left but on my bill Sky have charged me from the day I cancelled.

That doesn't sound right. You should contact Sky and query it. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Have you looked at your current, previous and future bills in MySky?

Exiled in HH
slaters
Topic Author

Yes I have looked at my bills and have been charged from day i cancelled to last day of trial about 17 days or something ? 

This message was authored by 82bit This message was authored by: 82bit

Yes this happens to me. Sky won't believe that you were in a trial, and the backwards system is incapable of showing this. Incredibly frustrating. Your best bet going forwards is to screen shot the offer in your MySky so you can prove you were in it if they charge after cancellation. Of course, this involves a lengthy phone call to Sky, which often isn't worth the effort to recover the small amount they've charged for the remainder of the trial. 

~-~-~-~-~-~
Sky Glass 65” with Sky Live
Sky Glass 43” with Sky Live
Sky Stream Puck + Sky Soundbox
Sky Stream Puck x3

BT FTTP:
↓920Mbps
↑110Mbps
~-~-~-~-~-~

Was the offer a new customer offer or discount offer?

Exiled in HH
slaters
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH I'm an existing customer for about 20 months I have been offered the the free UHD and Dolby twice now 4 months free. 

So that would be a discount offer😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion