Discussion topic: Fast forward function in the Netflix app on sky glass

This message was authored by StGe This message was authored by: StGe

Fast forward function in the Netflix app on sky glass

When watching the Netflix app on sky glass, the fast forward function is so slow. It only goes forward in 10 second intervals (slowly if held or slightly faster is pushing the right hand button repeatedly in quick succession) and has no increased speed or skip function as most other apps and Netflix directly on a smart TV do. Does anyone know if sky are looking at this issue as it pretty irritating?

P.s. This happens the same on both the main sky glass tv and also the sky glass pucks

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Fast forward function in the Netflix app on sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StGe Unfortunately that is the way Netflix works when watching through Sky and it can be very frustrating.  As far as fixing the speed is concerned I imagine the problem is actually with Netflix as it is their App that Sky are using. 

As you point out FF is a much better experience when using a Smart TV so that is exactly what I now do.  Previously I had a Glass TV so I know there is nothing that you can do to improve the issue.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
StGe
Topic Author
This message was authored by StGe This message was authored by: StGe

Thanks, I thought that might be the case, so good to know.

Seems like a big functionality gap that Netflix and Sky should solve quickly. 

This message was authored by DS269 This message was authored by: DS269

Our sky Q used to fast forward on Netflix no problem. I think its something Sky have intentionally made difficult on their new platforms to prevent people from watching Netflix rather than Sky so easily. Doubt it will change.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion