Discussion topic: Error code 1K-1001 on sky glass

This message was authored by Chrismurr80 This message was authored by: Chrismurr80

Re: Error code 1K-1001 on sky glass

Sitting here trying to watch the champions league and I've hit 7 times in 10 minutes. Flipping joke. Come on Sky. Sort it. 

This message was authored by TMOR This message was authored by: TMOR

9 times for me!

This message was authored by Ol97 This message was authored by: Ol97

Joke this what's going on with this error code ? 

Bridonkel
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bridonkel This message was authored by: Bridonkel

This is still happening unfortunately, is it possible for a solution to be posted as I work away alot and it's not always convenient to have a live conversation to rectify the problem, especially if I'm required to be sat in front of the TV. As you can see from the various other comments, this is clearly a common problem and some help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Funny it doesn't happen during half time🤷‍♂️

Correction it just has!

This message was authored by Choodzie This message was authored by: Choodzie

I've given up.. watching through Google tv via discovery plus app..  its definitely something yo do with sky as it works fine on google. 

This message was authored by mirrors90 This message was authored by: mirrors90

Seems to happen in batches - so i'll watch 10 mins no issue - then it'll need like 9 retry - then repeat.

I assume that the Discovery Plus app and Sky OS isn't working hand in hand as it should - and it totally ruins the experience - almost pushes you to buy the Sky subscription so it comes up on the channels through Sky..

Does Sky have any plans to fix this?

Sky Stream x 3
This message was authored by Sharon73 This message was authored by: Sharon73

Seems like lots of us having same problem but Sky doesn't seem to be keeping us updated on what they are doing to resolve this. Having to watch the game with remote in hand for every time error comes up 🤦🏻‍♀️

This message was authored by Bazempingham This message was authored by: Bazempingham

I get this same issue.  I've found if I pause it for like 5 seconds then play it it seems fine.  Obviously a bit more of a delay when watching live sport but better than it keep cutting out.

hope this helps

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mirrors90 wrote:

Seems to happen in batches - so i'll watch 10 mins no issue - then it'll need like 9 retry - then repeat.

I assume that the Discovery Plus app and Sky OS isn't working hand in hand as it should - and it totally ruins the experience - almost pushes you to buy the Sky subscription so it comes up on the channels through Sky..

Does Sky have any plans to fix this?

fYI Sky have no control over the app, which is owned and developed by discovery plus. All Sky can do is report the issue to discovery plus and perhaps try and offer assistance or additional info to help discovery troubleshoot and solve the issue.

there has been numerous issues with the discovery plus app running on Skys OS for months and months.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by mirrors90 This message was authored by: mirrors90

Thanks! I thought so!

Sky Stream x 3
This message was authored by MrDubbs This message was authored by: MrDubbs

Error 1K-1001 Discovery on Sky Glass

I am trying to watch football on Discovery but every 2 minutes I get an Error 1K-1001 error. Have turned off the tv at the wall several times but nothing works.

can anyone help?

This message was authored by John+Askew This message was authored by: John+Askew

Re: Error 1K-1001 Discovery on Sky Glass

I'm getting the same!  Came on here to see if anyone has a solution.

Normally happens once a match, today its every 5 minutes or so

This message was authored by Pathogen78 This message was authored by: Pathogen78

This is obviously a serious system issue. SKY YOU NEED TO SORT IT OUT! 
In the meantime I think you should give access to the actual TNT Sports channel to all those subscribed to the Discovery+ app! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion