Discussion topic: Error code 1K-1001 on sky glass

This message was authored by Bridonkel This message was authored by: Bridonkel

Error code 1K-1001 on sky glass

Watching TNT sports (live football) on my sky glass TV I keep getting the error code: 1k-1001. Apparently it's a playback issue. It's happened before, and I've rebooted the TV after a few times previously, but it has now happened 6 times in less than 45 mins, slightly annoying. 

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Error code 1K-1001 on sky glass

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Can I ask if this issue is still persistent?

Also, does the problem happen when an advert comes on/goes off?

EDIT: I'm marking this post as answered, so that everyone gets to see it

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bridonkel 

Hi I have escalated your post to the online community support team .... please check back for a bubble icon to begin support 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Bridonkel.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Bridonkel. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Chrismurr80 This message was authored by: Chrismurr80

Anyone got a fix for this yet? EVERY time I watch TNT on the discovery plus app on Sky Glass. 

Bridonkel
Topic Author

Apologies, I was busy with work. 

The issue still exists, but it's sporadic. When it does occur it's normally not an isolated incident, and will repeat. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

This message was authored by Chrismurr80 This message was authored by: Chrismurr80

I'm in the same boat as you. Don't have a solution unfortunately. 

Bridonkel
Topic Author

Sorry mate, I thought I was replying to sky 🤣. I have had communication with them but unfortunately I'm not at home today, but when I'm home tomorrow they will attempt to resolve it. If they manage to do so I will let you know how.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @Bridonkel . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by eb154 This message was authored by: eb154

How about solving it before you close the query? Not too much to ask, surely. Shocking service! May as well cancel TNT Sports as it's unwatchable like this. Money down the pan.

This message was authored by Pathogen78 This message was authored by: Pathogen78

I'm having the same issue. Making watching football on Discovery+ almost impossible and certainly very frustrating! 

Anybody managed to find a fix for this?

This message was authored by dayrush This message was authored by: dayrush

Error code 1K-1001 on sky glass playback error

Everytime I watch live football  on discovery  plus TNT I get the playback error 

Error code 1K-1001 on sky glass

This literally every 05 minutes it's ruining my livestream experience. 

I have rebooted, restarted to no avail.

Is their a fix for this?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@eb154 wrote:

How about solving it before you close the query? Not too much to ask, surely. Shocking service! May as well cancel TNT Sports as it's unwatchable like this. Money down the pan.

The system automatically closes the chat if the customer doesn't respond to a message provided by the Sky Messaging Team after 48 hours of the message being sent. Its completely inpractical to except a chat to remain open indefinitely if no response is provided. The other option of contacting Sky if a customer doesn't like engaging with the Messaging Team is to phone Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MikeHolUK This message was authored by: MikeHolUK

Having the same issue. I've rebooted the Sky Glass TV and refreshed all the apps but it's still happening. Had it a couple of weeks ago, also on TNT Sports via Discovery + app. 

This message was authored by Choodzie This message was authored by: Choodzie

I'm having the exact same issue..

Looking on google, there is 100s of people having the same problem.  Can't watch football without it constantly going off.

Its not worth the hassle this sky larky.. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion