Discussion topic: Eco and enhanced mode disabled but my Glass still goes on standby whilst watching it

This message was authored by Beocca This message was authored by: Beocca

Eco and enhanced mode disabled but my Glass still goes on standby whilst watching it

Hi,

Looking for some help with my Sky Glass.

For a couple months now the TV has decided to dictate how much I can watch.

At least once a day my TV will go onto standby whilst I'm watching TV or YouTube. It does this without warning too, there isn't a "are you still watching pop up".

I've disabled all eco settings and the enhanced mode yet it still does it.

It also doesn't just turn off after an hour it can be 15 minutes into viewing. 

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Eco and enhanced mode disabled but my Glass still goes on standby whilst watching it

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Beocca 

You can't turn off eco mode on glass. It's part of Sky carbon neutral credentials etc. You can only the auto standby mode. See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-tv-turning-on-off-glance-motion-technology#:~:text=Your%....

I'd try a power down at the wall for a few minutes and power on to see if it helps with the 15 minutes issue.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by AllanMcNeill This message was authored by: AllanMcNeill

Re: Eco and enhanced mode disabled but my Glass still goes on standby whilst watching it

Eco mode is the ONLY reason that I won't be renewing my contract with Sky. I find it annoying having to move the remote just to be greeted with a message that says, ' Thanks, now you can continue what you were doing' (yeah, I was watching TV until you interrupted me, and sometimes I don't even notice the warning in the corner and the TV just turns off. I find it very infuriating.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion