Discussion topic: Do i need for pay for sky stream if i have sky glass

This message was authored by Rosette1 This message was authored by: Rosette1

Do i need for pay for sky stream if i have sky glass

I just took out a contract for sky broadband and sky stream. I've received a puck in the post which i know can convert any smart tv into a sky glass. My question is, if i was to buy a sky glass, would i still have to pay for sky stream? By buying a sky glass, i wouldnt keep my other smart tv and i'd likely return the puck. So with using just the sky glass, are all the channels available anyway or just with sky stream. I dont really care whether i pay for netflix through sky stream or direct. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Do i need for pay for sky stream if i have sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rosette1 Even with a Glass TV you need to subscribe to the Sky Streaming service. However, you could cancel your Stream puck when you purchased the Glass TV or have both Glass and Stream if you pay a monthly Whole Home subscription. 

I know it is a personal choice and is subjective but TBH I cannot understand why you would want to purchase a Glass TV over a new Smart TV with puck.  Glass was only a mediocre TV (at best) when it was first released in October 2021.  There are now much better Smart OLED TVs available a lower cost.

After 18 months of using Glass I took advantage of some Black Friday deals last November  and purchased a new Samsung TV and Soundbar.  This coupled with a Stream puck resulted in an incredible viewing experience.  Glass can't even begin to compare.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Rosette1 

Content on Glass and Stream is exactly the same.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Rosette1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rosette1 This message was authored by: Rosette1

@TimmyBGood 
I know that. I was asking if i need to pay monthly for sky stream if i have sky glass. Or can i stop the sky stream, just pay monthly for broadband and still be able to watch all the channels on sky glass

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Rosette1 

You'd be paying the same television content subscription either way, plus a loan repayment for the Glass purchase price if you get it from Sky.  To have both a Glass television set and a Stream puck requires the addition of the Whole Home supplement on top of that cost.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Rosette1 Sky Glass is an (average) TV, its a TV with the sky streaming platform built in. You pay for the TV ( either upfront or a monthly cost) and you pay for the TV service subscription to access the channels. 

Sky Stream is just a little box Sky loan to you, that you can plug in to any TV and get the Sky streaming platform. For this you only pay the monthly TV service subscription.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@Rosette1 

You could, in theory, buy a Glass television set secondhand and transfer your Stream content subscription to it.  Without a Sky television subscription a Glass set is a big and fairly dumb monitor with some onboard apps.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@Rosette1 Even with a Glass TV you need to subscribe to the Sky Streaming service. However, you could cancel your Stream puck when you purchased the Glass TV or have both Glass and Stream if you pay a monthly Whole Home subscription. 

I know it is a personal choice and is subjective but TBH I cannot understand why you would want to purchase a Glass TV over a new Smart TV with puck.  Glass was only a mediocre TV (at best) when it was first released in October 2021.  There are now much better Smart OLED TVs available a lower cost.

After 18 months of using Glass I took advantage of some Black Friday deals last November  and purchased a new Samsung TV and Soundbar.  This coupled with a Stream puck resulted in an incredible viewing experience.  Glass can't even begin to compare.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion