Discussion topic: Discovery plus app isn't working

This message was authored by robbo19731 This message was authored by: robbo19731

Re: Discovery plus app isn't working

Is this update for the sky stream service aswell thanks 

Johni33
Topic Author
This message was authored by Johni33 This message was authored by: Johni33

Just tried the discovery plus app on sky glass and it finally let me sign in and it all seems to be working again.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@robbo19731  Yes, I have a stream puck and it was updagted on the night of 28th May in the first batch of the rollout.  Updates are always done in batches and it can take a few weeks for the last people to be updated so don't be concerned if you haven't been updated yet.  The new update also includes  Entertainment OS 1.3

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by LauraH88 This message was authored by: LauraH88

Still not working for me since May 2024 when it stopped letting me watch anything. Each time I click a program it says 'Upgrade to Watch.' I have exhausted all avenues with Sky to resolve this and my discovery+ subscription with Sky signature is active. Been told by several Sky reps over the phone that they are aware of the technical fault and are looking into it but just last night and this afternoon on what is probably my 10th time this week speaking to Sky that apparently Sky are unaware of any issue and have not been looking into it.

Feel completely lied to and brushed off by Sky. Not delivering on a service that is included as part of my subscription.

As soon as my contract ends I will be coming off Sky. 15 years I have been a customer with them and each year subscription costs go up but the level of customer service goes down.

Very disappointed!

This message was authored by gibbsmum This message was authored by: gibbsmum

Well here we are a few weeks on and it's still not fixed. Contacted Discovery help and they had no record of me having a subscription to Sky ?  I have contacted Sky again and sent them a copy of the discovery email and asked them to delete their link to discovery + so I can reload and start again so we'll see if that works, otherwise cancellation in the offing.

This message was authored by Si293 This message was authored by: Si293

Not able to watch discovery plus even when signed in

Just says to upgrade , we have sky ultimate TV on glass so should be free. Home screen comes on you can select program to watch , but then says upgrade subscription

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Not able to watch discovery plus even when signed in

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Si293 

Assuming you have subscribed to discovery plus via the Sky marketplace? https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

There is a known issue where some users are seeing the upgrade message after following the registration process, Sky and Discovery are currently working to resolve this.

MikeAlanR 

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Fuzzy46 This message was authored by: Fuzzy46

I thought I was the only one having issues with this.

It worked fine one day, then has nkr worked for the last three months.

I contacted the discovery+ team who informed me it was a fault of sky. I then contacted Sky who told me it was discovery+.

I even went as far as to get discovery+ to cancel my account so I could reset it.

I then created a new account for the system to tell me I need a password reset..

Sky told me back in Feb that they were going to investigate my problem and someone would get back to me and I'm still waiting.

The joke about this is Sky told me the app should be in my sky store.... its no where ro be found in here but its on the main screen..

Sky you need to fix this issue pronto, your really beginning to lag behind and yiur standards are slipping fast. Fix the problem and stop giving excuses.

This message was authored by gibbsmum This message was authored by: gibbsmum

After some investigation by Discovery + they found a subscription on Sky with our secondary email address which we have never used for Sky. They have helped all they can and at least found something out. The real kick in the teeth after 20years + membership to Sky has been the fact that because I was very ill when customer care rang at the beginning of this week and unable to speak to them they preceded to close my complaint 😞 and after asking why all I got was a standard email asking me to raise another complaint. This is absolutely disgusting customer service and when they ring me in a couple of weeks to renew my contract I think they will find they have customer less. Just need to sort out how I still get my sky glass to work with other systems.

This message was authored by Shona1964 This message was authored by: Shona1964

Sky is full of crap. I am discussed and furious at they think we ate stupid. They ate in dispute with each other and we are paying for it. 

This message was authored by Fredsymmo This message was authored by: Fredsymmo

It's not been working for months I've been round the houses on phone to discovery and Sky some saying they are aware others not knowing !! 
and sky want to offer a free HD upgrade for month as compensation lol ... 

how about you pay for my discovery plus upgrade that I've had to pay for to watch that I was told is included in my package ???

This message was authored by Shona1964 This message was authored by: Shona1964

I have now had to pay to upgrade even though it is supposed to be included. No offer of any compensation.  Sick to death with sky

I try every few days incase by some miracle, what I expect and is included in my package works ..... 

STILL NOTHING ...

cmon sky please sort this 

This message was authored by Chsndos This message was authored by: Chsndos

mine started working through  Sky about a month ago, today it has stopped working. Spoke with Sky , and they advise to speak to Discoveryplus , as it is something to do with the password associated with the discovery plus account.  Also Paramount stopped working today.  I cannot understand why it has worked for a month, and now I have lost it, and Paramount.  Sky say ring Discovery plus.   Customer service at its best !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep I got moved from pillar to post too, 

in the end I gave up ... 

I've had to pay for an upgrade that should be included with my sky package and all the tech wizards can't resolve what appears to be a simple solution of just upgrading anyone with a sky contract ......

this on top of losing my broadband regularly is seriously making me re think sky at all 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion