Discussion topic: Discovery plus app isn't working

This message was authored by Tonie This message was authored by: Tonie

Re: Discovery plus app isn't working

@KevNewMedia 

any news on this please? Mine still isnt working on glass! 
thanks

This message was authored by Jhill58 This message was authored by: Jhill58

No, can't get an answer from anyone 

This message was authored by Tonie This message was authored by: Tonie

Are we all going to get some kind of refund for this @KevNewMedia 

we are going through a lot of hassle with this. Thanks

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tonie wrote:

Are we all going to get some kind of refund for this @KevNewMedia 

we are going through a lot of hassle with this. Thanks

Hi @Tonie and welcome to the forum.  You could try but it is unlikely and would need to be done an individual basis.  How would Sky know who can and and couldn't access Discovery +

Without doubt many people do have issues with the Streaming platform and some of the Apps, (Discovery + in this case) but they are in the minority. Due to the nature of a help forum people tend to join if they have a problem and are searching for a solution and to vent their frustration which gives the illusion that "everyone" on the forum has issues.

If you feel strongly enough you can lodge a complaint at this LINK  (you will need to sign into your MySky account)

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Thank you I have put in a complaint 

This message was authored by gibbsmum This message was authored by: gibbsmum

I have followed your link and put in a complaint but I won't hold my breath for a quick fix.

Spoke to Complaints and received this message from Tom

I'm really sorry to hear the issues you're experiencing.

We currently have a known issue where Discovery+ may show an on-screen message as you've mentioned, such as upgrade to watch.
This has affected some customer who used to have Q but then moved to Glass/Stream.
We are currently investigating this with Discovery but I regret to inform you we have no timescale of when we expect this to be fixed, I'm really sorry.
As mentioned, Sky are investigating this with Discovery but from experience I know this has been on-going for sometime implying it's a bigger issue than expected to seek a resolution.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Jhill58 wrote:

Spoke to Complaints and received this message from Tom

I'm really sorry to hear the issues you're experiencing.

We currently have a known issue where Discovery+ may show an on-screen message as you've mentioned, such as upgrade to watch.
This has affected some customer who used to have Q but then moved to Glass/Stream.
We are currently investigating this with Discovery but I regret to inform you we have no timescale of when we expect this to be fixed, I'm really sorry.
As mentioned, Sky are investigating this with Discovery but from experience I know this has been on-going for sometime implying it's a bigger issue than expected to seek a resolution.

Historically things are slow when Sky have to work with Discovery + to fix something.

you just need to search this forum and you will find multiple examples/issues or problems with the discovery + app that requires collaboration between both parties taking typically taking several months to resolve.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Jhill58  I don't know if this is relevant to the overall issue or not but I will mention it anyway.  For context I was watching the Giro cycling on Discovery + earlier this afternoon.  This evening I went to watch something else on D+ and it told me I had to login and I was presented with the usual QR Code and activation number.  After logging in and using the activation code everything worked as expected however I did notice the progress bar (just above the FF/RW buttons) was thinner and the time counters either end were much smaller.

My point being that there may have been an update so it might be worth you checking again  to see if you have more luck than before.

My version details are as per the photo below

IMG_7433.jpeg

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Davis20 This message was authored by: Davis20

I keep getting error 400 on my sky tv for discovery+ and i cant reset it

My discovery+ app on my sky glass keeps coming up with error 400 

it says there is no internet connection but my tv is working fine 

ive rest the tv and broadband but im still getting the error. 
it wont give me the option for resetting it throught the bar code 

help me please 

it all i watch 😡

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@robbo19731 wrote:

Mine is now back up and working after been intouch with discovery plus help and online chat was told to log out of account and then back in again and it worked for me 

Morning @robbo19731 

That's great that you've managed to find a solution!

Can I ask a few questions?

• Can you explain the problem that you were experiencing?
  • What do you think was done to fix it?
  • Did it work straight away?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

I've tried that several times, still not working 

This message was authored by robbo19731 This message was authored by: robbo19731

the problem was it kept asking me to sign up so i got in contact with discovery plus live chat and chap altererd some setting asked me to refressh and log back in and its been working ever since 

Mine is still keeps asking me to upgrade

This message was authored by Indiekat This message was authored by: Indiekat

What link/site did you use to contact discovery plus for this please as sky are not providing any info or support to fix this and seems to be impacting more and more people. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion