Discussion topic: Discovery plus app isn't working

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Discovery plus app isn't working

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for confirming @Baisha82 @Johni33 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Doonie This message was authored by: Doonie

KevNewMedia

Thank you for asking, but sadly, still not working!

Doonie

This message was authored by Jhill58 This message was authored by: Jhill58

Re: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

It's 8th May and I'm being told I cannot watch not had this issue before

• Upgrade to Watch - Sorry, this content isn't available with your current pass from your affiliate provider.
This message was authored by Tim103 This message was authored by: Tim103

Still not working 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jhill58 

That appears to be generated when the app is listing Sports content which isn't included in the 'free' subscription provided through Sky.

What are you trying to watch?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

It won't let me watch anything I've tried expedition unknown, ghost adventures and several other shows which I normally watch 

This message was authored by robbo19731 This message was authored by: robbo19731

i am having trouble with this aswell been working fine now all am getting is upgrade to watch sorry,this content isnt available with your current pass from your affilate provider. vist our help centre for more information 

This message was authored by Doonie This message was authored by: Doonie

robbo19731

It seems there are quite a few of us with this problem. Hopefully the Sky guy can sort it for us but I'm afraid I'm not very hopeful. I don't think they know what the problem is or how to fix it. It's a shame as there are quite a few programs on Discovery plus that we like to watch. One chap suggested paying for it but that option has not arisen yet!!!

Doonie

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning All

We raised this problem with Discovery/our support teams and are awaiting a resolution.  As soon as I have more information, I will let you know.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
Johni33
Topic Author
This message was authored by Johni33 This message was authored by: Johni33

That's what I've done on the meantime, taken out a 1 month subscription via prime video which I'll cancel when they sort the issue (not that discovery support even responded to my report)

This message was authored by Patriciafrancis This message was authored by: Patriciafrancis

when I try to access discovery plus it is asking for my bank details to pay

Discovery plus will not let me watch any programme i usually watch.  Keep getting the same message

upgrade the content isnt available with the current pass from affiliated 

This message was authored by robbo19731 This message was authored by: robbo19731

When I got intouch with discovery plus they said my subscription ad been deactivated and sky need to reactivate it so let wait and see what the outcome will be hope they sort it soon 

This message was authored by Baisha82 This message was authored by: Baisha82

My Discovery plus still works on my Firestick so my account is still active.  The message I'm getting on the Glass TV is that I need to Reload the Discovery plus app which does nothing when I click on that button so I'm not having the subscription problems that other guys are having. 

This message was authored by Carols1 This message was authored by: Carols1

My mum has recently got Sky Stream and I tried setting up Discovery + on it for her but it won't recognise the account.  This has been going on for serveral months now and she really wants to watch the stuff on it.  She pays enough for her subscription and this is free for those people so why should we have to pay again.

Please advise what we need to do as this is getting very frustrating now.  It won't even work on the phone even though we've set up an account.

Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion