Discussion topic: Channel 4 app on sky glass goes to a blank screen

This message was authored by Doc+Snot This message was authored by: Doc+Snot

Re: Channel 4 app has stopped working

Same issue for me.  Will not work at all whichever way you try to access.  Powered down, etc but just not working.  Another notch in the post as to how poor Shy Glass is as a platform - problems almost every other day and already on my second set after pixel issues on first one ☹️

This message was authored by Tania27 This message was authored by: Tania27

I've called and spoken to someone at sky. I now have the channel 4 app. The 1st thing is try turning of the TV at the mains for a full 10mins. If this doesn't work, then turn off your TV at the mains while holding the standby button on the right hand side of the TV. Turn the TV back on while still holding the standby button. Wait for a minute still holding the button in. Let the TV load. This should reset the TV. You will need to reset using step by step guide on the TV and enter codes for apps again.

This message was authored by LK69 This message was authored by: LK69

I'm also having the same problem. I've done everything except a factory reset, it did it yesterday & again today. I've tried calling sky today & the call was terminated so I don't know if the helpline is closed, but it would help if they told you that. It's very, very annoying.
This message was authored by Horncastle This message was authored by: Horncastle

My All 4 on Sky Glass is not working. Just shows a blank screen. I have gone to settings and refres

My All 4 on Sky Glass is not working. Just shows a blank screen.

I have gone to settings and refreshed the apps. Still not working.

I have called sky, they were no help

Any ideas please?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: My All 4 on Sky Glass is not working. Just shows a blank screen. I have gone to settings and re

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I believe others have fixed the issue after phoning Sky and being told to perform a factory reset.

im quite surprised the agent didn't make that suggestion when you were on the phone with them.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Horncastle This message was authored by: Horncastle

Re: My All 4 on Sky Glass is not working. Just shows a blank screen. I have gone to settings and re

Thanks, I'll give it a try

My husband doesn't want to do the factory reset as he will loose his playlist.

Abd I did ask the agent about it and they said don't do it.

So still stuck

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Horncastle wrote:

My husband doesn't want to do the factory reset as he will loose his playlist.

Abd I did ask the agent about it and they said don't do it.

So still stuck

The playlist will still be there after a factory reset as the list of programmes you have added to it is stored as part of your SkyID on Sky's server, not on the TV itself. 

After the reset you simply re-activate the TV using your SkyID and log back in to all the apps, then your playlist will re-populate. I had to do this with my Stream puck - once I had re-activated it all the shows I had in my playlist were still there. 

If you are in any way nervous about doing it, take some photos of what is in your playlist at the moment then you can re-add them later if anything goes wrong. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Channel 4 app on sky glass goes to a blank screen

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention.

Our support teams are working through the problem. In the meantime, if you are happy to do so, you follow these steps below.

This will sign you out of any TV apps (Prime, Ch5, Discovery+ etc), and reset any personalised settings that you may have changed.  Once you have completed the process, your Playlist will re-populate, and you will be able to sign in to your TV apps.

1. Press Home on your Sky remote.
  2. Keep pressing down and select Settings.
  3. Select System Management then Resets & updates and Factory reset.
  4. Select the option to conduct the factory reset and when the screen goes black, press 4 and 6 on your remote control for 3 seconds, so that it unpairs itself.
  5. Once the device has started back up, follow the steps on-screen to re-activate the service and get signed back in to everything.

I'm marking the thread as answered, so people can see the resolution, without having to read the entire thread.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Loulilly This message was authored by: Loulilly

I see Sky recommend doing factory settings but does this not remove everything from your playlists?

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Loulilly wrote:

I see Sky recommend doing factory settings but does this not remove everything from your playlists?

No. Your playlist is stored as part of your SkyID information on your account, it's not stored on the TV/puck itself. Once you log back in and relink the TV/puck back to your account your playlist will re-populate. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@Loulilly wrote:

Hi @Loulilly 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Sky Community.

As your Playlist is kept at our end, it means when you carry out this, or if you were to change your TV or puck, the Playlist remains intact 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by davidjw This message was authored by: davidjw

This is getting worse. The same issue with My5 and Paramount+ apps and it's everyday now.  Having to do a reset daily, is not the solution! Why does this only occur on Sky Glass?  I do hope that Sky sort this soon as it's becomming very tiresome.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion