Discussion topic: Channel 4 app on sky glass goes to a blank screen

This message was authored by Leah128 This message was authored by: Leah128

Re: Channel 4 app on sky glass goes to a blank screen

@EllisG @Hi there can I ask how you resolved the issue with the Amazon prime troubleshooting?

Thanks 

EllisG
Topic Author
This message was authored by EllisG This message was authored by: EllisG

I went with the factory reset option and this resolved the issue. 

This message was authored by davidjw This message was authored by: davidjw

I've had this a few times with different apps not just channel 4, but also with apple TV+.  Instead of doing a reset, turn the power off at the mains wait a few seconds and then turn it back on again.  That has always worked for me.  Although i will say it's not been as frequent as it used to be.  I think that the apps may still run in the background and don't shutdown when you switch to another one and then freeze in the background.  

This message was authored by Leah128 This message was authored by: Leah128

@davidjw @Hi there, it seems that the issue lies with the broadband shield, if it's on channel 4 app has problems working, switch it off and the app works perfectly!! No clue why that is, all the other apps work great just channel 4. But now I have a way of watching as annoying as it will be I'll have to switch off shield anytime I want to watch channel 4 on demand.

This message was authored by John0356 This message was authored by: John0356

All 4 App will not open. Just get a blank screen. Have tried turning on and off and refreshing apps.

All 4 App will not open. Just get a blank screen. Have tried refreshing app and turning tv on and off

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: All 4 App will not open. Just get a blank screen. Have tried turning on and off and refreshing a

@John0356 wrote:

All 4 App will not open. Just get a blank screen. Have tried refreshing app and turning tv on and off

The All 4 app no longer exists. It is now just called the Channel 4 app. 

This problem has been reported before and was only solved by factory resetting the TV. This is usually only advised by Sky directly and you will need to reactivate your subscription and log in to all apps again. 

This message was authored by John0356 This message was authored by: John0356

Re: All 4 App will not open. Just get a blank screen. Have tried turning on and off and refreshing a

problem is the App works fine on 3 other tv's in the property using sky pucks!

This message was authored by Buck26 This message was authored by: Buck26

I'm also having the same issue as irritating as it is it's nice to know it's not just us! 

I've done the refresh of apps and turned the tv off at the switch and all that but nothings working 

This message was authored by martin09061980 This message was authored by: martin09061980

Re: All 4 app is not working - just a blank screen

Always worth checking the software on the sky box or sky glass is up to date also,

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates

This message was authored by Tania27 This message was authored by: Tania27

The channel 4 app will not load on sky glass. I have tried going to settings- system management set

I am not able to load the channel 4 app on sky glass. When watching the other night an error occured when rewinding back. Since then the screen is blank and will not load. I have tried going to settings - system management - resets and updates -refresh app. It states your apps are being refreshed. But doesn't say this has been completed. I have waited several minutes. When I go back the channel 4 app it is still blank. All other apps are working. Your help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Many thanks 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: The channel 4 app will not load on sky glass. I have tried going to settings- system management

Refresh apps reportly takes a few hours not minutes!

Have tried tried power off at the plug wait a few minutes power on again?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: The channel 4 app will not load on sky glass. I have tried going to settings- system management

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tania27 the response from @Exiled-in-HH answers your query.  I would add my experience is I do an App refresh when I turn in for the night so it has lots of time to complete the task.  There is no obvious sign that anything has happened unless your issue is resolved.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

No I've tried turning off the TV. The problem hasn't been resolved. I will have to call and speak to someone tomorrow. If I can get through to a person. 

This message was authored by Ju03 This message was authored by: Ju03

Mine has been like this since yesterday evening! So annoying. I can watch channel 4 live but nothing on the C4 app, just a black screen. I've tried everything. I'd be keen to hear if you get it resolved.

Ok I'll let you know.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion