Discussion topic: Channel 4 app on sky glass goes to a blank screen

This message was authored by EllisG This message was authored by: EllisG

Channel 4 app on sky glass goes to a blank screen

After successfully using all the apps on my sky glass tv over last 2 months, including ITVX, Netflix, channel 4, Prime etc , last week when I tried to access a channel 4 show that I had added to the playlist, when sky glass tried to launch the channel 4 app, I was presented with just a black screen. 
I tried multiple different fixes, back to home, launch the app directly, refresh apps via settings, power off for a minute etc. nothing worked. Other apps were still working fine and I could watch channel 4 via tv guide but no access via the app. 
I have a sky puck as well and 4 app was working fine via this device. 
on calling sky, I was told that this is a common issue but there is  nothing sky can do and the issue is with the channel 4 app developers. 
after trying to find similar issues in the community, I came across a Amazon prime app error where a factory reset of the sky glass resolved the issue. 
Lo and behold, this fixed it perfectly and 4 app is now working perfectly. 
Sky, please ensure your tech team have this knowledge available. 

All Replies

This message was authored by comiles This message was authored by: comiles

All 4 app is not working - just a blank screen

My All 4 on Sky Glass is not working. Just shows a blank screen.

I have gone to settings and refreshed the apps. Still not working.

Any ideas please?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: All 4 app is not working - just a blank screen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@comiles Seeing as you have already tried refreshing your Apps have a look at the following link to see if there is anything there that helps: Fixing problems with TV apps

If that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is to reboot your system if you have not already tried.  To reboot just switch off your Glass at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Is Sky Glass still using the All4 app?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Is Sky Glass still using the All4 app?

@Exiled-in-HH As far as I am aware it just changed its name to 4 otherwise it seems to be the same which is a pity as it is useless and frequently shown DRM problems.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by comiles This message was authored by: comiles

Thank you! The app is back in action. Thank you for your reply ☺️

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Channel 4 app on sky glass goes to a blank screen

If you want your message to reach Sky, you need to submit a complaint to Sky... It just takes an email to Sky😉

Guidance on using these forums...

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/About-Sky-Community/ct-p/Members

It's good you've shared your resolution with the community 🙂

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Channel 4 app on sky glass goes to a blank screen

@EllisG wrote:

After successfully using all the apps on my sky glass tv over last 2 months, including ITVX, Netflix, channel 4, Prime etc , last week when I tried to access a channel 4 show that I had added to the playlist, when sky glass tried to launch the channel 4 app, I was presented with just a black screen. 
I tried multiple different fixes, back to home, launch the app directly, refresh apps via settings, power off for a minute etc. nothing worked. Other apps were still working fine and I could watch channel 4 via tv guide but no access via the app. 
I have a sky puck as well and 4 app was working fine via this device. 
on calling sky, I was told that this is a common issue but there is  nothing sky can do and the issue is with the channel 4 app developers. 
after trying to find similar issues in the community, I came across a Amazon prime app error where a factory reset of the sky glass resolved the issue. 
Lo and behold, this fixed it perfectly and 4 app is now working perfectly. 
Sky, please ensure your tech team have this knowledge available. 

Certainly the Sky Customer Services Team are generally the last to know about tech issues and what is going on with them.

Its possible that what they were referring to is a proper long-term fix that will prevent the Channel 4 from doing this again, whereas the reset option you took is a way to resolve the issue but perhaps it could still be prone to happening again until the App is patched accordingly.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Sjm86 This message was authored by: Sjm86

Channel 4 sky glass not working

Using sky glass 4 app has stopped working since Xmas, when I click it it just goes fo a black screen. Have tried refreshing apps and reset the tv but no joy. Is there a fix? 

This message was authored by Kathryn2000 This message was authored by: Kathryn2000

Channel 4 not loading on sky glass

Please help! For a few weeks now the channel 4 app has not loaded on my sky glass. I'm met with a black screen.

All other apps work fine 

So far I've refreshed the apps, waited 24hrs and started again and I've rebooted numerous times.

Does anyone have any other resolutions?

This message was authored by Blackpool-River This message was authored by: Blackpool-River

Channel 4 app has stopped working

Hello. The Channel 4 no app (whatever it's called now: 4OD) no longer works. My Sky Glass TV shows it and any available programs but when you click on them, you just get a black screen. I can watch Channel 4 live, but not via the app. In another room, I have a Sky puck and that doesn't have any problems, just the Sky glass TV. I have refreshed the apps and left the TV off and unplugged for 5 minutes, but it has made no difference.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Channel 4 app has stopped working

Hi @Blackpool-River 

There have been a few other reports of this on the forum and unfortunately no answer has been provided. The only recommendation I can make is to call sky customer services (we are all fellow customers here) and get them to guide your through a factory reset of the TV.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by PaulMonagle64 This message was authored by: PaulMonagle64

I cannot access channel4 app on my tv

When trying to access the Channel4 app,it goes blank. All other apps are OK,but Channel 4 is the problem.  When pressing OK the screen goes blank.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: I cannot access channel4 app on my tv

@PaulMonagle64 

Have you tried pulling the plug for 10 minutes ...

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by DanAnd71 This message was authored by: DanAnd71

Re: I cannot access channel4 app on my tv

We're having the same problem. Blank / Black screen when opening the channel 4 app. We've switched the TV off / On etc but without any luck. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion