Discussion topic: BBC I player on sky glass

This message was authored by ellymay122 This message was authored by: ellymay122

BBC I player on sky glass

Watching tennis on sky glass a message says watch on BBC I player in uhd Went to the i player the picture was useless . So I rang sky  explained the problem with the I player picture she came back after speaking to tec people . There is a problem with the I player they don't know when it would be fixed so I decided to cancel sky glass after 7 days and go back to sky q

q

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: BBC I player on sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @ellymay122 

Working here. Don't forget that Glass / Stream is delivered via broadband and not satellite. What speed internet connection do you have? You need 30 Mbps for UHD. You also need a strong connection between your Glass / Stream device and your router.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
ellymay122
Topic Author
This message was authored by ellymay122 This message was authored by: ellymay122

Speed  was 66 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Doesnt leave a lot of headroom for other use if glass is using half your bandwidth. You may have a better experience using an ethernet cable and turning off WiFi in the settings.

Given you have stated your going back to Q not sure what advise you are after?  Not sure if you are returning Glass or keeping it, but if you are keeping it see: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/connect-q-to-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion