Discussion topic: Audio lip sync problems

This message was authored by IanWhite This message was authored by: IanWhite

Audio lip sync problems

The lip sync on my tv is all over the place! It is so bad that I'm having to watch Freeview to gain any enjoyment at all...this negates any need to have Sky tv. I'm resolved to cancel my subscription at the end of contract . The severity of the problem varies between channels so any form of adjustment is pointless. The problem also varies from day to day. Has anyone got any suggestions? Or do I have to continue to pay for an inferior service? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Audio lip sync problems

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IanWhite is this on a Glass TV or with a Stream Puck. If the latter how is the puck connected to whatever is producing sound. Glass normally doesn't suffer from lip sync where its own speakers are used but occasionally some channels can be poor. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
IanWhite
Topic Author

Good morning. The puck is connected direct to the tv via HDMI. 

IanWhite
Topic Author

Does any one have any advice regarding the lip sync issue. It is almost impossible to watch and severity varies from channel to channel and time of day. Do I really have to endure this until my contract ends? Seems a bit unfair to have to pay for something that's below par and be without any form of redress

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion