Discussion topic: Are you able to keep your Satellite broadcast and have Sky Stream too?

This message was authored by Martinhy01 This message was authored by: Martinhy01

Are you able to keep your Satellite broadcast and have Sky Stream too?

I was thinking of having Sky Stream, but am disappointed I will not get Talking Pictures on that platform. So, if I upgraded, would i still get Taling Pictures on my existing Satellite service, seeing as the channel is a Freeview Channel?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: Are you able to keep your Satellite broadcast and have Sky Stream too?

@Martinhy01 wrote:

I was thinking of having Sky Stream, but am disappointed I will not get Talking Pictures on that platform. So, if I upgraded, would i still get Taling Pictures on my existing Satellite service, seeing as the channel is a Freeview Channel?

No. When you activate Stream your Q contract is immediately cancelled. It's one service or the other - satellite or streaming, you can't mix them with Sky. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

@Martinhy01 wrote:

No. When you activate Stream your Q contract is immediately cancelled. It's one service or the other - satellite or streaming, you can't mix them with Sky. 

Martinhy01
Topic Author
This message was authored by Martinhy01 This message was authored by: Martinhy01

I understand what you are saying, but surely, my Satellite box would still receive the "Freeview" channels that are broadcast. Even without a valid Sky Subcription, you would get these channels, similar to "Freesat", bearing in mind you would have to have the Q or + box, and the Stream box connected to your TV?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Martinhy01 wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but surely, my Satellite box would still receive the "Freeview" channels that are broadcast. Even without a valid Sky Subcription, you would get these channels, similar to "Freesat", bearing in mind you would have to have the Q or + box, and the Stream box connected to your TV?

All Sky Q equipment belongs to Sky - you are only loaned it as part of your contract and must return it when that contract ends. The same model now applies to Stream pucks - Sky want them back when you choose to unsubscribe. 

Martinhy01
Topic Author

Yes, but I have my own Sky + box that I watch Talking Pictures on,  so that is irrelevant, isnt it?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Martinhy01 wrote:

Yes, but I have my own Sky + box that I watch Talking Pictures on,  so that is irrelevant, isnt it?

If you have a Sky+ box then yes, that should be fine for receiving free-to-air channels, but if you've had Sky Q then you'd need to change the wideband LNB on your satellite dish. 

Martinhy01
Topic Author

OK, thank you for your help. I may go ahead now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion