Discussion topic: Amazon Prime blank screen but sound

This message was authored by Kate1 This message was authored by: Kate1

Re: Amazon Prime blank screen but sound

Is there any update? I read that it would be fixed in 21st Aug. I have refreshed the app, logged in and out, etc, but still the same problem. SO FRUSTRATING.

This message was authored by kkkkatie This message was authored by: kkkkatie

I received a phone call from Sky yesterday evening.  She said rest assured they're working on the problem but couldn't say when it would be fixed.  She's made a note on our account to text/email an update on Friday 25th.

This message was authored by Bifta23 This message was authored by: Bifta23

Have now found I cant Fast Forward/rewind/pause etc in Paramount +.   My system time is also out by 20 mins.  I am fed up rebooting  the puck.  Only to find the same errors are still there.

This message was authored by Gazzam1963 This message was authored by: Gazzam1963

Just read this whole thread as I've set sky glass up tonight and was impressed with it until I've just decided to watch a film on prime and black screen , sound but the small pictures in f/f are working 

This message was authored by James3261 This message was authored by: James3261

Is there an update on this? My sky puck works ok but not the main glass tv

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@James3261 You sure your sky puck works ok? Other's like myself thought it was fixed only to have the problem reoccur again. I'm on a puck too. Worked for a while after a reboot until I went in to different apps and channels etc and then back to prime and the black screen with sound was back again.

General comment to all: Why is this thread marked as being answered when there's still a problem? 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS025.017.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by asortafairytale This message was authored by: asortafairytale

Weird as mne is still  all okay. I'm sorry most are still having problems! 

This message was authored by James3261 This message was authored by: James3261

@KevNewMedia do we know when this will be fixed? As stated in another post it was said by 21st august. 

also the fix a problem with an app tab in help.... Litterelly sends you around in circles. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@James3261 not sure why that info was given as the fix does not appear to be in QS020 release which is currently rolling out. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Try this @asortafairytale 

I've turned on my sky puck out of standby for the first time today. I go to Amazon Prime and select a tennis match that has ended to watch it on demand. Picture and sound came on today fine (this randomly happens). So I come out of the program and Amazon Prime and then select the BBC iPlayer app. I select an episode of 'Who do you think you are?'. That comes on fine as expected. I then come out of that back to sky stream homepage and go back to Amazon Prime and select the tennis match I was just watching... Black screen with sound. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS025.017.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by James2e This message was authored by: James2e

Hi any update as to when this will be fixed prime works on the puck but still not on my sky glass 65" would really like to watch programs on this TV rather than the smaller one in the bedroom. Please advise when this will be fixed. 

Text message just received from Sky ....

Hi K, Our support team is still working on resolving the known issue with Amazon Prime Blank/Black screen with audio. As there is currently no timeframe on when this will be fixed, we will review this again in a few weeks and contact you when an update is available. NoReply 

This message was authored by Rich.S.R This message was authored by: Rich.S.R

Thanks for posting this - pretty poor showing from sky this 

I'm not too happy with "review in a few weeks"!

This message was authored by HarleyDavidsonS This message was authored by: HarleyDavidsonS

Re: No Amazon Prime Picture only Sound on Sky Glass

I'm having the same problem and now on the phone to sky has I've got sky glass and tried everything to get pictures on my Amazon account and it not working 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion