Discussion topic: Amazon Prime blank screen but sound

This message was authored by Chris2460 This message was authored by: Chris2460

Re: Amazon Prime blank screen but sound

I'm also having same issues....fed up of glitches and issues I'm beginning to think this isn't worth all money we are paying 

This message was authored by Bifta23 This message was authored by: Bifta23

I have the same issue with my sky pucks,  Also issues with Netflix not loading.  I swapped from Sky Q to this  mess.   I have seriously been unhappy with Sky since transferring .  Lets hope for a fix soon. ( I think that sums up the service , I HOPE for a fix) 

This message was authored by Danno23 This message was authored by: Danno23

Re: Having issues with Prime App on my Sky glass. Sound and menu displays but the main picture is bl

Is there an update to this thread as have just tried prime video and I also get the audio but on a black/ blank screen?

This message was authored by asortafairytale This message was authored by: asortafairytale

Re: Having issues with Prime App on my Sky glass. Sound and menu displays but the main picture is bl

There doesn't seem to be any resolution by sky at this point, just that they are working on it 🙄🙄. So annoyed especially after the issue they had with itvx constantly crashing which is fixed now but it took forever.

Wondering if playing on my laptop then connecting it to my TV and playing that way might work. I have partial vision so watching on anything other than my main big TV is not an option.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@asortafairytale It's a pity you can't cast / Mirror to a Glass TV but you can do so through a secondary device like an Apple TV or Firestick.  If you are using a Stream puck and a smart TV you will probably be able to cast or mirror direct to the TV without having to connect your laptop directly to the TV.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by blingland This message was authored by: blingland

I'm with Sky Glass and yes I'm not impressed with the black screen either. Netflix is OK & The other apps but Prime video isn't working. Iv had x2 days running where I can't watch anything on prime because it's something that sky provide.

I'm fed up with unplugging my router. Switching off the TV. Logging in to my phone to get a  black screen with sound. **bleep** 4 years to pay off this TV and I really purchased for prime on sky. Sky please can you refund all of us prime members has we are unable to get the full service. I don't see why I should pay for the viewing for the black screen status. I'm fed up with this now. I tried re setting my TV. Signing in and out of prime. If we were able to uninstall the app it would be better but sky has rushed to the customer without the full knowledge of the prime isn't available. I'm annoyed frustrated with the poor quality of the service. Amazon have sent me email link direct to the email but still no picture just #BlackScreenWirhSound

Yesterday there was neither picture or sound. 

@Skyglass_tv 

Refunds for the service for all prime sky glass TV customers will be required 

I don't see why we should be paying for your fault for it's your TV not primes tv

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@blingland Reading your post I get the impression you believe you are talking to Sky but this is a user help user forum consisting of customers like yourself.

You and some of the other posters  on this thread might be better off making a formal complaint at the following link (it will involve you signing into your MySky account).  https://www.sky.com/help/forms/complaints 

This message was authored by Robert+J This message was authored by: Robert+J

Want to watch live rugby on prime via sky stream todsy but no picture just sound, which is really annoying. Why is this happening?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Robert+J wrote:

Want to watch live rugby on prime via sky stream todsy but no picture just sound, which is really annoying. Why is this happening?

Nobody knows. 

Sky are apparently working on a fix but no timescale has been given for it to arrive. 

Make a formal complaint (the link is in an earlier post in this thread) and you'll hopefully get some form of compensation once Sky and Amazon have sorted it out. 

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Just found this thread as I've now got same issue. 
I was watching something on Amazon Prime app on my Sky Stream Puck fine last night then today in trying to fix another issue I had I did a complete power off for a few minutes and re powered the puck which then proceeded to update my build software from QS019.008.00P to QS020.009.00P. It's now with this new build that Amazon Prime just has a black screen for anything you play. Sound and everything works but just with a black screen. Thought I'd just add this here FYI.

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS025.017.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Wendy This message was authored by: Wendy

Amazon Prime blank screen but sound

According to Sky they are doing the software upgrade tomorrow and hopefully resolved for 21st. Would be nice to have feedback to see if the issue has been resolved for people 

Yeah just read through this whole thread now. I'll be checking if this is fixed from 21st onwards and keep an eye on the software build version change. Will update back here

————————
————————

@Paul+Dray and @Wendy the latest update (QS020.009.00P) started rolling out with the first batch on the night of 14th August.  It normally takes between 2 to 3 weeks for the rollout to be completed.

Hopefully it will resolve your issue 🤞😀

I think you must have missed or misread my post above where I say that this issue has just 'started' for me since updating today to QS020.009.00P.

————————
————————
This message was authored by asortafairytale This message was authored by: asortafairytale

It's working again for me!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion