Discussion topic: Adding a sky TV in addition to my existing sky package

This message was authored by Jcp57 This message was authored by: Jcp57

Adding a sky TV in addition to my existing sky package

I am an existing Sky customer with Sky TV and muti room Sky Q. I want to add a Sky TV to my adress to use in a different annexe to my house can I do this? The helpline said I cant have two different accounts at same address, but If i add a Tv to my existing package does this still work?

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Adding a sky TV in addition to my existing sky package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jcp57  No you can't have sky glass and sky Q on the same account it's either one or the other 

the only way round would be if the annexed building is classed as a separate address by having it's own postal address and water/gas/electric supply/billing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Jcp57
Topic Author

Thanks as the annexe is 30m away sky Q want work, what about acessing Sky via sky now in the annexe would that work? The annexe does have a separate water and electricity supply and account but the annex doesnt have a separate address

@Jcp57  Now tv will work assuming you have an internet connection that reaches to the annex 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Jcp57 Sky Go would work if you have (or can get), a suitable device such as a PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X or Apple TV, have a multiroom subscription and can get a network connection in the annexe.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
Jcp57
Topic Author

Thanks really helpful, I do have a separate internet service to the annexe so that might be my only option

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Jcp57the Apple TV box is a good choice ... you can even access IP broadcast channels using the TV Launcher app's epg via the Sky GO app and other apps😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

If the annexe is the same billing address as your main house then you could get sky stream whole home.

sky may pick up on the separate ip adressses but I believe a previous poster had sky stream multi room running in "one" property but one on his personal email account and one on his work internet 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Jporch316 wrote:

If the annexe is the same billing address as your main house then you could get sky stream whole home.

sky may pick up on the separate ip adressses but I believe a previous poster had sky stream multi room running in "one" property but one on his personal email account and one on his work internet 

@Jporch316  no that won't work you can't have stream/glass at the same billing address as sky Q 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Jporch316  no that won't work you can't have stream/glass at the same billing address as sky Q 

Sorry ... to be more clear I meant instead of Q. One stream unit in the main house and one stream unit in the annexe 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion