Discussion topic: Adding Netflix shows to your playlist

This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

Adding Netflix shows to your playlist

I find I can no longer add Netflix shows to the playlist whenever I do a voice or manual search it takes me straight to Netflix but I want the shows in my playlist also. This used to be possible what's happened? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Adding Netflix shows to your playlist

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I've noticed it seems to depend what show you search for.

Some shows do come up on voice search and thus you can add to the playlist but some shows indeed it opens Netflix and starts playing the show.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

I've noticed it seems to depend what show you search for.

Some shows do come up on voice search and thus you can add to the playlist but some shows indeed it opens Netflix and starts playing the show.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Anders73 This message was authored by: Anders73

I've noticed this too. Occasionally it will allow me to add to the playlist but usually takes me straight to Netflix without the option to add. Hopefully a tech guru on here has an answer!

Sky Glass 43”
Sky stream - Sony OLED + soundbar
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Anders73 wrote:

I've noticed this too. Occasionally it will allow me to add to the playlist but usually takes me straight to Netflix without the option to add. Hopefully a tech guru on here has an answer!

Sounds like an either related to an update on the Netflix app or a recent Sky firmware update. 

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

It's not even just voice search, if you try the text based search it's also doing the same thing and opening the show directly in Netflix rather than the Sky programme page.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Best to search for part of the name or an actor or producer.... this will bring up a list of matching shows including the Netflix ones 

you can also add the show if it's on one of the recommended tiles on the home screen 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Jporch316 wrote:

Best to search for part of the name or an actor or producer.... this will bring up a list of matching shows including the Netflix ones 

you can also add the show if it's on one of the recommended tiles on the home screen 

Great suggestion @Jporch316 I didn't even think of trying that

NOT a Sky Employee

slaters
Topic Author

Thanks @Jporch316 I forgot about searching using an actor or director etc, I did this and it brought up the netflix shows I wanted and added them to my playlist. Had to look up some of the actors names first. 

@slaters wrote:

Thanks @Jporch316 I forgot about searching using an actor or director etc, I did this and it brought up the netflix shows I wanted and added them to my playlist. Had to look up some of the actors names first. 

Ye I've had to do the same ....

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
slaters
Topic Author

I have been exchanging DM's on twitter (X) about the issue and they said they tried it and got the same, they said they think something happened in a recent update and it can't be reversed. 

I said it obviously defeats the object of the playlist and Sky making a big thing about having all your shows from across the apps/platforms in one place.

Just got the usual response that they have passed on my feedback. 

What a stupid thing to do 😠

@slaters wrote:

I have been exchanging DM's on twitter (X) about the issue and they said they tried it and got the same, they said they think something happened in a recent update and it can't be reversed. 

I said it obviously defeats the object of the playlist and Sky making a big thing about having all your shows from across the apps/platforms in one place.

Just got the usual response that they have passed on my feedback. 

What a stupid thing to do 😠

Yeah so likely the agent would have raised this as a bug for the Glass/Stream software team to investigate at some point.

NOT a Sky Employee

No this was confirmed more than a year ago as a "feature" in an update to allow quicker acces from voice control to Netflix ......

there was a thread I raised at the time of the update.

there is no fix ..... it's designed this way 

slaters
Topic Author

@Jporch316

It has only been happening recently though, and is a backwards step I believe. 

Also a lot of the time when doing a voice search for a netflix show all it does is open the page with your profiles on not even the programme it's self. So not only have they removed the ability to easily add a netflix show to your playlist it can now be more of a faff to get to the show anyway ? 

This message was authored by Pigzag This message was authored by: Pigzag

I've just tried serching for an actor, then getting a list of things they are in. But there still isn't a way to add to the playlist. If I press on one of the programmes, it just takes me to Netflix.

This message was authored by Pigzag This message was authored by: Pigzag

Ignore me. You have to select it and press the + button

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion