Discussion topic: Ad skipping

This message was authored by MPE This message was authored by: MPE

Re: Ad skipping

Difference with Prime is you can pay to have ads removed - I think it's £2.99.

I pay Sky over £20 and get ads, so I paid an exter £5, still get ads but they don't skip on sky channels they fast forward. Contracts up soon so I'm ditching sky, don't really watch much any more anyway.

This message was authored by Oyodin This message was authored by: Oyodin

Re: Ad skipping total scam

Hi, Most TVs can record if you have a Freeview aerial, so I have added a hard drive to my TV and recorded all ITV, CH4 & CH5 programs to skip through all the adverts. 😀 

This message was authored by mrandyc This message was authored by: mrandyc

I find it really frustrating that you still have to fast forward through the ads when you are paying extra. I can understand for non Sky shows you've added, but it used to be that Sky on demand shows we're removed of ads. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@mrandyc UHD versions of sky programmes usually have zero ads. Do you have the ultra add on ?

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by mrandyc This message was authored by: mrandyc

No UHD. I object to them selling you UHD TV and then expecting you to pay extra for the privilege of watching it. 

This message was authored by MPE This message was authored by: MPE

One little work around I found is to use sky go. Not all will be able to doe this.

If I watch an episode on sky go there are breaks but no ads. What I mean is you get the program logo then it continues without any ads. However you need to play this on a smartphone or tablet and then connect to your tv. I watched all of the House of Dragons series worked a treat. I've not tried any other chanels. 

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

- deleted post -
Sorry made a mistake. Silly me. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.521.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion