Discussion topic: A line across my sky glass

This message was authored by Mrs+G2001 This message was authored by: Mrs+G2001

A line across my sky glass

Just to let everyone know sky are no help whatsoever when it comes to helping you. I have spoken to them and they have told me that my sky glass needs to be replaced as the motherboard has gone but I cannot afford the £450 all at once to replace it and they have said I will have to live with a television with a permanent line across  the screen. I'm still waiting for a manager to ring me back their services are utter rubbish 

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: A line across my sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Mrs+G2001 

Sky provide a 2 year warranty for their product. After the two years, it is your responsibility to repair or replace the set:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/warranty-sky-glass

Sky only replace the set at a discounted price, however they do have a repair partner called ServiceTech: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-tv-repairs

However one thing to try that has been reported previously is unplug your set over night and try again, in some cases it has resolved lines appearing on screen.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: A line across my sky glass

@Mrs+G2001 wrote:

Just to let everyone know sky are no help whatsoever when it comes to helping you. I have spoken to them and they have told me that my sky glass needs to be replaced as the motherboard has gone but I cannot afford the £450 all at once to replace it and they have said I will have to live with a television with a permanent line across  the screen. I'm still waiting for a manager to ring me back their services are utter rubbish 

Just FYI, if you'd rather spend £450 elsewhere, you can get a brand new 50 inch Samsung 4K QLED smart TV from Richer Sounds with a free 6 year guarantee for that kind of money right now. 

When you're spending hundreds of pounds on a TV, a piece of technology which is normally used daily in every household, I'd always recommend a warranty longer than 2 years.

If you choose to stick with Sky Glass then you can pay extra for Sky Protect Insurance (£10pm) which will cover you for accidental damage and breakdown beyond the 2 year warranty. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion