Discussion topic: Receiver broken of outside Sky disc

This message was authored by MADAL This message was authored by: MADAL

Receiver broken of outside Sky disc

We are ill and elderly I cant hear on phone and no one can use theirs  as they get a message that sky doesnt recognise the number as its notconnected to our account {as the line hasnt been live since installing  the sky bundle {£162 a nonth!!!!} Dont know how this was sold to him [He is dying so cant question him on it he'll prob say he didnt know anyway} theres only us I watch Utube he watches quizz shows and repeats!!!!  I'm confused and unhappy with sky as its all so awkward but the bill rolls on?

So can someone tell me how an old deaf woman can get an engineer call PLEASE

THANK YOU

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Receiver broken of outside Sky disc

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I would suggest registering with Sky's Accessibility team. They offer additional contact options for the hard of hearing.

https://skyaccessibility.sky/

In relation to your phone, does your broadband Hub have a light on the front panel labelled 'Voice' and is it illuminated. If so, your phone must be plugged into the socket at the back of the Hub. It won't work if it's plugged into the normal wall socket.

MADAL
Topic Author
This message was authored by MADAL This message was authored by: MADAL

Thank you so much you have been a great help on both counts! well during the night I got the new phone {Id thrown two out as thought the phones where the issue....husband phd and relayed the questions for me to answer and finally an engineer will call in a weeks time then I get an email I had taken/renewed my contract! no I didnt!! I am 75 tomorrow and husband is end life at home in hospital bed so the tv is all he has I would not commit myself to another 18mths as we wont be here feel conned and not happy with sky and certainly wouldnt suggest the service as its so bad to anyone     THANK YOU x

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MADAL I'm glad if I was able to help. I'd definitely take up the issue of the new contract with Sky - the Accessibility team may be able to help on this.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion