Discussion topic: No subtitles on Sky Max recordings

This message was authored by CatherineT This message was authored by: CatherineT

No subtitles on Sky Max recordings

Why have the shows on Sky Max (previously on Sky One) no longer have subtitles available on the recordings (or live shows)? This is very frustrating and makes it far harder to understand what is going on (particularly with loud sound effects / music). 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: No subtitles on Sky Max recordings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CatherineT  You would be best off emailing viewerR@sky.uk as we are all customers on this forum.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @CatherineT 

Sorry you're having issues with subtitles. I wonder could you please provide more information so we can look into it?

- Is it on a Sky Q or Sky+ box?

- Can you provide some specific shows you are seeing this with? Including episodes, times etc.

We have not removed subtitles from any shows on Sky Max which had them on Sky One, so would like to understand what you're seeing.

Many thanks,

Dave

This message was authored by Maddog121 This message was authored by: Maddog121

Hi. I have the same problem. All shows on Sky Max, that are advertising to have subtitles, are not working. 3 recordings of Swat and live show of The Flash have so far failed to show subtitles.  I have a Virgin TiVo box. 

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Maddog121
There is an issue in some circumstances on the Virgin boxes. We are working with them to fix it.

Thanks,

Dave

This message was authored by Ozzy5678 This message was authored by: Ozzy5678

Hi having trouble with sky channels recording downloads new Amsterdam and Dan Browns lost symbol both don't have subtitles. FBI on the other dose have them. Watching on a new BT box. Thanks in advance for any help you can lend. 

This message was authored by Brexite This message was authored by: Brexite

Sky max - the Force no subtitles and never has been so kindly furnish me with a truthful Andre please.

This message was authored by Brexite This message was authored by: Brexite

Answer misspelling andre

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Brexite wrote:

Sky max - the Force no subtitles and never has been so kindly furnish me with a truthful Andre please.

@Brexite You could email the Viewer Relations Team at viewerR@sky.uk and get their  response. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Kestrel2006 This message was authored by: Kestrel2006

No subtitles on sky Q recording on Sky Max with NCIS New Orleans

ASmith

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion