downloading from on demand

Viewer
Post 1 of 10

downloading from on demand

I have tried to download the first series of Unforgotten - which appears episode by episode 'on demand' . When i select to download - it tells me that I do not have the required subscription to watch in hd - so I select the sd option but I still get the same error message, can anyone help please?

All Replies
Boom Operator
Post 2 of 10

Re: downloading from on demand

What channel is it being shown from the On Demand link to download, as does your subscription have that channel?

Executive Producer
Post 3 of 10

It's a box set, not catchup.

Oracle
Post 4 of 10

@donnalou wrote:

I have tried to download the first series of Unforgotten - which appears episode by episode 'on demand' . When i select to download - it tells me that I do not have the required subscription to watch in hd - so I select the sd option but I still get the same error message, can anyone help please?

Hi @donnalou

Welcome to Q forum.

Unforgotten would be in BoxSets I’m afraid so you need BoxSets subscription.

You  could only download from the Catch up section without BoxSets.    Catch up is only available for 30 days after airing

Oracle
Post 5 of 10

@donnalou wrote:

Hi @donnalou You would need to upgrade your subscription to include boxsets to view this I'm afraid. If you already subscribe to boxsets then you need to contact sky so they can look into it for you. https://contactus.sky.com/uk

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Camera Assistant
Post 6 of 10

@donnalou wrote:

Sky really needs to make it clear where content from on demand is coming from for those that do not have a box set subscription.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Post 7 of 10

Don't know how it's displayed on Sky Q but on Sky+HD if there's a time & date below the picture in the search results it means it catchup from then.

Box sets won't have a time & date of broadcasting and will just say On Demand instead.

Camera Assistant
Post 8 of 10

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Don't know how it's displayed on Sky Q but on Sky+HD if there's a time & date below the picture in the search results it means it catchup from then.

Box sets won't have a time & date of broadcasting and will just say On Demand instead.

If there is an aired date, it is from catch up. But I see where the problem comes from. Take the series Humans for example. The On Demand search results shows Series 1, 2, & 3. So you look at series 1 and you don't look at series 3. So you think it's a complete series. You then start watching series 1 and get to series 2 and by the time you get to series 3, it's expired. Series 3 expires August 4.  So unless you check series 3, you don't know it's from catch up.

It catches people who are newish and don't know to look at the results are all lumped together. It would be easier for new users if On demand results were split into Box Sets and Catch Up. Then new users would know the difference. One thing that should be explained to new users is downloading and expiry dates. They should be told that if you download from Box Sets or Catch Up, you might get more time to watch the programs.

I've never had satallite before Sky. I've always had cable. Cable has expiration dates, but no downloads even if you have a DVR box. I did manage to figure out expiration dates and downloading on my own. It wasn't hard at all. But I can easily see where some may not get it so easily. I've watched the video on the +HD expiration dates. But I think Sky should do a video for On Demand/Catch Up/Box Sets/DownloadseExpiration dates that covers both Q and +HD. It would be good to be able to point people in the forum who have difficulty.

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 10

I know your search results do group by series but I think it should also group it by either being box sets or catchup so you can filter the results.

Camera Assistant
Post 10 of 10

@ianpaul1 wrote:

I know your search results do group by series but I think it should also group it by either being box sets or catchup so you can filter the results.

Agreed.

Recommended Threads