Reply

Madam Secretary series 4

Highlighted
Researcher
Posts: 5
Post 1 of 15
793 Views

Madam Secretary series 4

Have been watching Madam Secretary box sets and had just started series 4 .

This series has now suddenly disappeared, although first 3 series are still available.

when will it be available again??

 

All Replies
Reply
Executive Producer
Posts: 6,888
Post 2 of 15
787 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

  @Jandy37 Hi & welcome to the forum. Presumably, S4 was part of Box Sets. All Box Sets have an Expiry Date & this is what has happened with S4, it had reached its Expiry Date & was therefore removed. Different seasons can have different Expiry Dates which explains why the first 3 seasons are still available. Unfortunately, there is no way at the present time to know when S4 will return to Box Sets.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Researcher
Posts: 5
Post 3 of 15
778 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

So can you tell me the point of having first 3 series available and not the most recent?

If you can’t keep watching til the end, and most recent, may as well take them all off.

 

You appear to have done that with Castle, so after watching every single episode on the box set up to halfway through the last series, it all disappeared. Could you not send out warnings so we have the chance to record the episodes we haven’t watched?

Executive Producer
Posts: 6,888
Post 4 of 15
775 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

  @Jandy37 First of all, I must point out that I don't work for Sky, I'm a customer, the same as you. 

It all comes down to rights issues. Sky can only have shows on Box Sets for a certain amount of time & as I said, different seasons can have different Expiry Dates, so in this case, Sky was only able to have S4 for a shorter time than the other 3 seasons. 

  You most definitely do get a warning, please see this blog for more information on that for Sky+ & Sky Q.

  A tip for the future with Box Sets. The majority of Box Sets don't have a deletion date, so if you have enough space on your Sky box, download a complete season manually ( don't use the Download All option ). This will then mean that as long there isn't a deletion date, you can keep the Box Set on your Planner for as long as you wish & delete it when you are ready.


Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Camera Assistant
Posts: 1,201
Post 5 of 15
680 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

Madam Secretary Season 4 was on Catch Up.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Posts: 6,888
Post 6 of 15
612 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

  If S4 was on Catch-Up it seems odd that the OP said that S4 had disappeared shortly after they started it. If the S4 episodes were only available for 30 days how did they manage to start it only for it to disappear suddenly? If episodes 1 & 2 were there to view then the rest of S4 should have been available still. Something about this doesn't make sense.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Executive Producer
Posts: 9,502
Post 7 of 15
598 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

Some catchup don't go by the 30 days rules.

Look at series 2 of Westworld- they all have the same expiry date like a box set normally would but they are catchup.

Same for series 2 of Legion.

Executive Producer
Posts: 6,888
Post 8 of 15
574 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4


@ianpaul1 wrote:

Some catchup don't go by the 30 days rules.

Look at series 2 of Westworld- they all have the same expiry date like a box set normally would but they are catchup.

Same for series 2 of Legion.


  @ianpaul1 Not sure what your argument is there. I am fully aware that Catch-Up programmes can have longer than 30 days ( as I believe I proved in another thread recently ), so if S4 was available for even longer, why did it suddenly disappear as the OP said?

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Camera Assistant
Posts: 1,201
Post 9 of 15
567 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4


@merv60 wrote:

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Some catchup don't go by the 30 days rules.

Look at series 2 of Westworld- they all have the same expiry date like a box set normally would but they are catchup.

Same for series 2 of Legion.


  @ianpaul1 Not sure what your argument is there. I am fully aware that Catch-Up programmes can have longer than 30 days ( as I believe I proved in another thread recently ), so if S4 was available for even longer, why did it suddenly disappear as the OP said?


Season 4 did not suddenly vanish. It did have an expiration date that's come and gone. I recorded it because it was going to expire. Now I have more than 30 days to binge the series.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Posts: 6,888
Post 10 of 15
565 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4


@JonW42 wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Some catchup don't go by the 30 days rules.

Look at series 2 of Westworld- they all have the same expiry date like a box set normally would but they are catchup.

Same for series 2 of Legion.


  @ianpaul1 Not sure what your argument is there. I am fully aware that Catch-Up programmes can have longer than 30 days ( as I believe I proved in another thread recently ), so if S4 was available for even longer, why did it suddenly disappear as the OP said?


Season 4 did not suddenly vanish. It did have an expiration date that's come and gone. I recorded it because it was going to expire. Now I have more than 30 days to binge the series.


  Only going by what the OP said: " Have been watching Madam Secretary box sets and had just started series 4 .

This series has now suddenly disappeared. "

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Camera Assistant
Posts: 1,201
Post 11 of 15
558 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4


@merv60 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Some catchup don't go by the 30 days rules.

Look at series 2 of Westworld- they all have the same expiry date like a box set normally would but they are catchup.

Same for series 2 of Legion.


  @ianpaul1 Not sure what your argument is there. I am fully aware that Catch-Up programmes can have longer than 30 days ( as I believe I proved in another thread recently ), so if S4 was available for even longer, why did it suddenly disappear as the OP said?


Season 4 did not suddenly vanish. It did have an expiration date that's come and gone. I recorded it because it was going to expire. Now I have more than 30 days to binge the series.


  Only going by what the OP said: " Have been watching Madam Secretary box sets and had just started series 4 .

This series has now suddenly disappeared. "


To me that sounds like the OP was going by the box setexpiration date. But in any case, bx sets can be a confusing mess for new Q users.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Posts: 9,502
Post 12 of 15
554 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

I wasn’t arguing with you or anyone. Was just making an observation. 

Camera Assistant
Posts: 1,201
Post 13 of 15
550 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4


@ianpaul1 wrote:

Some catchup don't go by the 30 days rules.

Look at series 2 of Westworld- they all have the same expiry date like a box set normally would but they are catchup.

Same for series 2 of Legion.


Madame Sexretary season 4 had the same expiration date and it was also on Catch Up. Because of this, I was able to download it.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Posts: 6,888
Post 14 of 15
549 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

  @ianpaul1 Okay, no problem. 

                     

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Community Manager
Posts: 3,205
Post 15 of 15
170 Views

Re: Madam Secretary series 4

Madam Secretary Season 4 ended on 07/06/2018. This episode would have been available on Catch Up until 06/07/2018. 

 

There is no information with regard to when this will be available on Box Sets. However, Season 5 is due to premiere this coming Autumn and we normally have the Full Box Set available prior to the new seasons starting.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers

Reply