Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Oracle
Post 16 of 53

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

@Federica-C

As mentioned elsewhere series 2 of The Tunnel is missing from Sky Boxsets > Sky Originals as only series 1 and 3 are there. This is via a Sky+ box and series 2 can be found by a search or via Channel > Sky Atlantic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Camera Assistant
Post 17 of 53

@caesarome wrote:

@Federica-C

As mentioned elsewhere series 2 of The Tunnel is missing from Sky Boxsets > Sky Originals as only series 1 and 3 are there. This is via a Sky+ box and series 2 can be found by a search or via Channel > Sky Atlantic.

The easiest way to find all three seasons of The Tunnel, is to search for it. You will find all there in UHD, HD, & SD. When you search by Sky Box Sets > Sky Originals, you get series 3 in UHD but series 1 in HD and under Sky Atlantic, you do not get UHD.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Oracle
Post 18 of 53

You don't get UHD on a Sky+ box and while searching for it does find it as I said elsewhere it doesn't allow the downloading of an episode when you start to view another one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 19 of 53

The Handmaid’s Tale full season 1 available, season 2 episode 5 onwards available! What is the point in having S1 and the second half of S2? Are the first 4 episodes rubbish or something?! Very annoying to get into a box set and sky pull random episodes out! 

Highlighted
Camera Assistant
Post 20 of 53

@Jackie2503 wrote:

The Handmaid’s Tale full season 1 available, season 2 episode 5 onwards available! What is the point in having S1 and the second half of S2? Are the first 4 episodes rubbish or something?! Very annoying to get into a box set and sky pull random episodes out! 

The problem you have is that season 1 is on Box Sets and season 2 is on Catch Up. So what's happened is the first 4 episodes of season 2 have expired. The way to tell if something is on Box Sets or Catch Up is if you see an aired date. If you do, then it's Catch Up. If not, then it's Box Sets.

Here's how to find the expiration dates. Box Sets and Catch Up both expire.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/How-to/How-to-find-an-expiry-date/ba-p/2813713

Viewer
Post 21 of 53

I have been watching MTV’s Awkward, all seasons and episodes are on sky. I have a sky Q box and have had no problems accessing all other episodes however got to season 5 watched the first episode but the second episode disappeared and there are other random gaps for example it jumps from episode 21 to 24 and the missing episodes can not be found? How can I access the episodes as there not showing up? Thanks in advance.

Runner
Post 22 of 53

Missing from catch up TV

24 hours in Police custody

series 7 episode 8

channel 4

sky +

Runner
Post 23 of 53

Thank you for your reply. While that explains where the 1st four episodes of S2 have gone, it's still disappointing and frustrating. Clearly a flawed system as I doubt anyone enjoys watching the beginning and end of a box set with a bunch of episodes missing from the middle. They should really look at altering their expiration dates so that box sets can be enjoyed properly. I have had to source the missing episodes elsewhere which leaves me wondering what I am paying Sky £80 a month for

Executive Producer
Post 24 of 53

It's not box set expiration dates that are the issue here. It's the fact that the current or latest series is on catch up rather than box sets. Catch up services, be they iplayer, itv hub, all 4, my 5 etc usually only have currently broadcasting content available for a month after broadcast. There are exceptions but they are few and far between. In this case, season 1 was in box sets, whilst season 2, while still being broadcast is in catch up. These are two completely different things.

You could argue (and I would agree with you) that expiration and deletion dates should be a lot more obvious, and that box set content and catch up content should be more clearly delineated seeing as they are completely different things. As to what you are paying Sky £80 a month for I couldn't say as I don't know what services you have, but I would like to bet that you are paying for, and receiving, a lot more than box sets, for that subscription amount.

Camera Assistant
Post 25 of 53

When you look at Box Sets or On Demand, check each season you see to see if any seasons are Box Sets or Catch Up and also if any episodes are missing or may have expied. It's what I do to make sure what I want is there before I start watching. If there is an expiration date that's too soon for me to be able to watch, I download because in most cass, when you download from Box Sets or Catch Up, you may find you have a longer time to watch before expiring.

After downloading if you are on Q and do not see an expiration date for the downloads, you have more than 30 days. That's as much as you'll see with Q. With +HD, you can see when the expiration date is for the downloads.

If you do have Q, you can see the expiration dates for Box Sets and Catch Up using the Sky+ app. You jut cannot use the Sky+ app to see downloaded expiation dates more than 30 days.

Viewer
Post 26 of 53

The following are missing from the on demand content-I use sky go on laptop, have a sky box, not Q:-

Outlander Series 2, episode 5-was on more 4 this Thursday just gone-9PM and 115 AM

Dalziel and Pascoe Series 7, Episode 1 on uk Drama this Wednesday just gone-8PM

Please rectify

Camera Assistant
Post 27 of 53

@Horrid wrote:

The following are missing from the on demand content-I use sky go on laptop, have a sky box, not Q:-

Outlander Series 2, episode 5-was on more 4 this Thursday just gone-9PM and 115 AM

Please rectify

Why don't you set a series link? That way you have it if something goes wrong with Catch Up? It's what I do and that way, even if I have to record an SD version, at least I have that if the HD version doesn't show up.

I agree that the episodes that are missing should be there, but at least you'd have a backup.

Executive Producer
Post 28 of 53

@JonW42 wrote:

@Horrid wrote:

Please rectify

Why don't you set a series link? That way you have it if something goes wrong with Catch Up? It's what I do and that way, even if I have to record an SD version, at least I have that if the HD version doesn't show up.

I agree that the episodes that are missing should be there, but at least you'd have a backup.

@JonW42 Maybe they record other shows that are on at the times when Outlander & Dalziel & Pascoe are on & so can't record them due to clashes. Maybe that's why they are relying on Catch-Up. They have Sky+, not Sky Q, so can't record loads of shows at once like you can. Setting a Series Link doesn't solve everything.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Camera Assistant
Post 29 of 53

@merv60 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@Horrid wrote:

Please rectify

@JonW42 Maybe they record other shows that are on at the times when Outlander & Dalziel & Pascoe are on & so can't record them due to clashes. Maybe that's why they are relying on Catch-Up. They have Sky+, not Sky Q, so can't record loads of shows at once like you can. Setting a Series Link doesn't solve everything.

Thanks for the reminder. I did forget that Sky+HD only has two tuners. Personally, I'd find that limiting as I do use more than two tuners at once.

Viewer
Post 30 of 53

Missing episodes on Street Outlaws on Discovery hd. On demand. Season 4. Episodes 3,4&5. 

Recommended Threads
Oracle 01-05-2018 08:25 PM
a week ago 09:16 PM
Oracle 25-04-2018 12:19 AM
Oracle 09-02-2018 06:54 PM
Oracle 23-05-2018 05:01 PM