Criminal minds box set

Answered
Go to Answer
Camera Assistant
Post 31 of 35

Re: Criminal minds box set

@StopItRawr wrote:

Criminal Minds has a habit of doing this!

It was also on Netflix not so long ago (It may even be there currently). Me and my partner started form Series 1, started to get into it and then it was removed from Netflix. We haven't watched it since, boo!

It's a shame this has happened on Sky too. Clearly the rights holders aren't interested in long term deals, thus messing with customers who then lose out.

When Criminal Minds was less than a month until it expired, did you not see the expiry date shown? If you are unclear what I mean, please see the following thread.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand/box-sets/m-p/2863499#M78118

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Boom Operator
Post 32 of 35

@JonW42 wrote:

@StopItRawr wrote:

Criminal Minds has a habit of doing this!

It was also on Netflix not so long ago (It may even be there currently). Me and my partner started form Series 1, started to get into it and then it was removed from Netflix. We haven't watched it since, boo!

It's a shame this has happened on Sky too. Clearly the rights holders aren't interested in long term deals, thus messing with customers who then lose out.

When Criminal Minds was less than a month until it expired, did you not see the expiry date shown? If you are unclear what I mean, please see the following thread.

You may have misread my post.

I wasn't asking for help, not commenting on how Sky signposted a series being deleted (I know how it works, thanks).

I was making the point that the rights holders of Criminal Minds have signed short term deals with multiple platform holders and tegardlreg of signposting, it sucks that people are time limited in viewing them because of this.

Executive Producer
Post 33 of 35

@JonW42 wrote:

@stivo wrote:

So why can’t sky buy it back? Seems a popular programme, we pay enough!

Most box sets do have an expiration date.

@JonW42 Need to correct you here. All Box Sets have an expiration date. Some of them have a delete date which, if applicable, appears after it has been downloaded. Expiry Dates & Deletion Dates are two different things. 

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Executive Producer
Post 34 of 35

@JonW42 wrote:

@stivo wrote:

Caught me out too, furious the don’t give you a heads up, I was halfway through series 5. Loosing faith with sky TV.

You should not be furious with Sky for Criminal Minds expiring before you finished watching. There is an expiration date and when and where you see this depends on if you have Q or +HD. Take a look at the following thread to see how to see the expiration date.

@JonW42 Regarding the link you gave, there is a much better piece of information in the blog section for both Sky+ & Sky Q which includes a video, you can find it  here. Maybe use this info in the future?

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Camera Assistant
Post 35 of 35

@merv60 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@stivo wrote:

So why can’t sky buy it back? Seems a popular programme, we pay enough!

Most box sets do have an expiration date.

@JonW42 Need to correct you here. All Box Sets have an expiration date. Some of them have a delete date which, if applicable, appears after it has been downloaded. Expiry Dates & Deletion Dates are two different things. 

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if all box sets expired. I do know the download expiration date can be different from the box sets or catch up expiry dates.
Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Recommended Threads