Discussion topic: SKY Glass TV

This message was authored by Frenchie15 This message was authored by: Frenchie15

SKY Glass TV

I purchased my Sky Glass TV in November 22, does anyone know how to access the Internet or put any extra Apps on the Sky Glass TV. If I had known that this was not possible at the time of purchase, I would have never purchased the package.

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: SKY Glass TV

@Frenchie15 wrote:

I purchased my Sky Glass TV in November 22, does anyone know how to access the Internet or put any extra Apps on the Sky Glass TV. If I had known that this was not possible at the time of purchase, I would have never purchased the package.

You cannot access the internet on Sky Glass - there is no web browser.

You cannot add any extra apps of your choosing - only Sky can choose which apps are made available to customers. 

You can use apps of your choosing by connecting a streaming device to one of the HDMI ports on your Glass TV. An Amazon Firestick, a Roku streaming stick or an Apple TV box for example. These devices give you full control of your apps and some have web browsers too. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

@Frenchie15 wrote:

You cannot access the internet on Sky Glass - there is no web browser.

You cannot add any extra apps of your choosing - only Sky can choose which apps are made available to customers. 

You can use apps of your choosing by connecting a streaming device to one of the HDMI ports on your Glass TV. An Amazon Firestick, a Roku streaming stick or an Apple TV box for example. These devices give you full control of your apps and some have web browsers too. 

This message was authored by lemmy316 This message was authored by: lemmy316

@Frenchie15Definitely not better than a smart tv as advertised then eh!

This message was authored by techman9 This message was authored by: techman9

They can't even get the apps they got right, nevermind allowing more!

This message was authored by Alina66 This message was authored by: Alina66

@Frenchie15 i am going through same thing..i purchased on march 2022..i thought it was a smart tv like all android tvs..did u manage to add apps and cast at all??

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Glass isn't an android TV it's based on Skys own custom operating system which is the reason there is no App Store so you can't install other apps. Also likely the reason there is no casting or screen mirroring functionality as well.

Really the TV is designed to be used with a Sky subscription. Yes you can use it without but it's quite an inconvenience as to use the apps it must be connected to the internet but to use the digital terrestrial signal it needs to be disconnected from the internet.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The main streaming apps are present ..... for any other apps you likely need to add a 3rd party device such as a firestick / chrome cast or roku stick 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion