Discussion topic: Downgrade Sky Sports / Cinema on Sky Stream subscription

This message was authored by Iceblues This message was authored by: Iceblues

Downgrade Sky Sports / Cinema on Sky Stream subscription

I am a Sky Stream customer so just getting used to the subscription changes since moving from Sky Q.

I know I can remove Sky Sports / Cinema on my online account so no need to ring up a rep.

The option to Remove appears but before I press I want to know:

a) Does the selected package get removed straight away i.e. no need to wait 30 days notice 

b) If 30 days notice, or is it until the end of the current billing cycle i.e similar to those TV services like NOW and Netflix

I just want to make sure I get to see the matches I want and time it well before it gets cut off.

Note, I'm referring to the Sky Stream subscription not Sky Q 🙂

Regards

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Downgrade Sky Sports / Cinema on Sky Stream subscription

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Iceblues  31 days notice required , you will have access during this period 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

In practice it does depend on where you are in the billing cycle. I've drowngeaded a couple of times, and the duration has varied. When you go to check out in the app, it will give you a "watch until" date.

I've just gone to remove sky cinema and it tells me I watch until tomorrow (4th):

59E47C63-B509-40A8-88AA-24EAC93A4F03.jpeg

 MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Iceblues
Topic Author
This message was authored by Iceblues This message was authored by: Iceblues

Hi MikeAlanR,

Thanks that is helpful 🙂

Does the app give you a chance to review the 'actual date' that it will get removed?

Or does it only confirms this once you have already removed it? i.e 4th Feb

Did you just clicked on it today and it says it will come off tomorrow?

If that is the case, I am not sure what the first poster was saying about 31 days notice? That doesn't make sense.

Again, nip picking here but I just want to align the date I want it stop viewing.

Thanks!

Hi @Iceblues 

Yes that was a real world example, so if I went ahead today, I would lose access to the channels tomorrow.

You can view this date as per my screenshot by going into the app or website clicking "change what I watch" > clicking the pack drop down and click "remove". You will then be told you need to "checkout" to apply changes and a green basket icon will appear at the bottom.

Clicking it will take you to the screen with the end date. This is the date you will loose access and the last date you will pay up to for that pack. You can then confirm (checkout) or cancel the cancellation (as I did, as was just using it to show you)

The 31 days is what skys terms and conditions say you must give as notice. But as I say it depends where you are in your cycle in practice.

Hope that makes sense.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Can you actually cancel Sky Sports via the app now you couldn't before I had to cancel via ringing them.

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

@CardiffMan1992 I don't think so. I know my account tells me I have to contact Sky to remove Cinema and Sports.

I'm a firm believer if you can add something yourself via the app, website or through My Sky on the TV that you should also be able to remove it. 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Tim+Adams 

Thanks for the response I appreciate I don't currently have cinema or sports. So couldn't check. 

@CardiffMan1992 

You can cancel via the app as I cancelled sports in January. However there are certain parts of the month where it will tell you you have to call Sky. It's something to do with how close you are to your payment.

There as another thread on it in the forum, where a number of people observed the same behaviour. After about a week, the option (to cancel) reappears. But the screen shot above was me doing it via the app.

MikeAlanR

---
This message was authored by Michelledalley This message was authored by: Michelledalley

Im trying to remove Cinema but can't find my package where is it?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Michelledalley wrote:

Im trying to remove Cinema but can't find my package where is it?

On the MySky app or on the MySky area of the Sky website, log in with your Sky ID then select 'Your Products' - in there you'll see your packages listed. Click on the 'Change what you watch' button and you should be able to remove Sky Cinema. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Tim+Adams wrote:

@CardiffMan1992 I don't think so. I know my account tells me I have to contact Sky to remove Cinema and Sports.

I'm a firm believer if you can add something yourself via the app, website or through My Sky on the TV that you should also be able to remove it. 

@Tim+Adams I am on a monthly rolling contract and have just checked MySky and see that both my Sports and Cinema subscriptions are showing as removable. I wonder if the option to remove is dependent on your contract and if you are still in contract or not 🤷‍♂️

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion