Discussion topic: Sky Glass PIN

This message was authored by Luke1234. This message was authored by: Luke1234.

Sky Glass PIN

I've been advised to look for a number on the back of my tv that is meant to correspond with my phone number on my account as people have been getting the wrong TVs? Can someone tell me where this number is? 

Moderator note: subject of thread updated

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Q help

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Luke1234. no idea why you have been told that. The TVs serial number is matched to your account during delivery by the courier so when it is first turned on it should gret you by name.. Occasionally there is a mix up but that is Sky's problem not yours just call them.

You can see the TVs details including the serial number by scrolling to the bottom of the settings.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Luke1234. 

For information, the serial number on the rear of a Glass television set is (or is supposed to be) within the recessed area which houses the input ports.

Sky-Glass-connections-1-1024x683.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Luke1234.
Topic Author
This message was authored by Luke1234. This message was authored by: Luke1234.

@Chrisee So it wasn't recognising the last 4 digits of our phone number and then when we have tried to reset the pin, it's asking for last 4 digits of account number, and it's still not recognising it. Contacted Sky and they said to reset it, we did twice. Still no luck. They re put in all our contact info to reset it, they did that we rebooted the tv and still not recognising it. They ended up saying that they can send us a new sky glass tv, however when I went back to setting up the tv, I skipped set up later and it's not taken me to the main screen but I have no tv guide and I can't access any my sky tv settings to log in etc....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion