Discussion topic: I cannot watch anything on my new sky puck, it has connected, I can see my home 🏑 age but programme

This message was authored by Michael2544 This message was authored by: Michael2544

I cannot watch anything on my new sky puck, it has connected, I can see my home 🏑 age but programme

I cannot watch anything on my new sky puck, it has connected, I can see my home page but programmes will not load.

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: I cannot watch anything on my new sky puck, it has connected, I can see my home 🏑 age but pr...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: I cannot watch anything on my new sky puck, it has connected, I can see my home 🏑 age but progr

@Michael2544 

A couple of things you could try whilst you wait for Sky Team to contact you.

Have you tried a reboot of the sky stream puck? You can do this by unplugging the device, or switching the plug off, wait at least 30 seconds ( you need to allow for the power to drain from it to ensure its powered down), then plug it back in. This reboot seems to be quite common for new pucks, i had to do the same thing 3 times over my first 4 days of using Sky Stream but i've not had to reboot it once in the following week since.

The issue could also be the internet speed the puck is receiving. Testing this is quite easy, if you open the Netflix App, navigate to Get Help, and go to Check your network. This will run a connectivity check of the network from your puck and show you the connection speed in Mbps. This speed should be at least 30 Mbps which is the minimum recommended speed for Sky Stream if its less than that, that is likely the problem. If it is less than 30 Mbps i'd suggest trying to plug your sky stream directly into your router via an ethernet cable and see if that improves the speed ( you can rerun the speed test to confirm). If it does then the issue is with your WiFi network and that where you stream puck is located in your house doesn't have a strong enough WiFi signal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream and Sky Broadband user. Former Sky+ HD

If my responses help please click the like button or set the response as Answered.
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: I cannot watch anything on my new sky puck, it has connected, I can see my home 🏑 age but pr...

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Michael2544 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion